Word to Cad

hi to all,

could someone help/teach me how to copy a Word Doc Picture into Cad?

or, could someone teach me how to copy the said Picture into Cad directly from an internet address?

I copied and pasted the 'pic' (?) from a net page but it only came out with a half of it when I placed it in Word; So I then tried it straight from the net but couldnt get it to 'show' in cad, although I did get it to show that some sort of 'item' had been copied as it had the attributes of being a .bmp or similar. (ie, it appeared on my cad screen with the usual resizing grab points even though there was nothing in it.) The method I used to paste into cad was

1)Insert 2)ole 3)microsoft word picture

I would rather just copy and paste it into word, but dont know if Word will allow me to rotate to landscape so that I can fit it in.

The site I'm trying to copy from is::::

I dont need the text on the page, just the chart.

tia

Reply to
cant

If you want to work on it as a CAD drawing, with AutoCAD anyway, you will have to turn the raster image into vectors. There are a few programs that will do this with a greater or lesser degree of success. I use one called Scan2Cad.

If not there doesnt seem much point in putting into a CAD application. You might be able to work on it with a raster editing program, but this is a CAD group! so you are asking draughtsmen and engineers, not graphic artists.

John

Reply to
John

If I simply do "Copy Image" in my browser and "Paste" in cad, it drops the gif image into cad with the same (poor) quality it had on the net. I can move it and resize it.

If for some reason that will not work for you and you have a decent graphics program - Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop - save the gif image to your hard drive, open it in the graphics program and change it to a bitmap and copy and paste or import it into cad.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

I will second that recommendation. Irfanview is simple, free, and effective.

Reply to
tomcas

IrfanView is shareware and deals with multiple file formats. jpg bmp tif etc.

it's as old as the hills and I have always been able to cut and paste between it and acad. paste from the net.

it does things like resizing, rotations, flips and greyscale......

probably very similar to paintbrush, but I like the user interface. probably mostly because it is familiar to ME.

Reply to
roy

John wrote: . so you are asking draughtsmen .......

I was filling out some HP forms before Christmas and put down 'draughtsman' in the occupation box. The girl behind the counter had no idea what that was, so I explained that "I draw engineering plans"....(still a blank look on her face)...."like house plans". Then it dawned on her....she said "Oh, I thought it had something to do with sheep...you know.....when you draft them"

'Draughtsperson' is just too PC.....

Brian NZ

Reply to
Brian

OK. Now you've got me interested, and a bit embarrassed by my ignorance of animal husbandry... Sheep are drafted? Is there a minimum age for that?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

"Drafted" as in separated, one type from another type.

Maybe Ewes (Females) from Rams (Males). or quality of fleece before shearing.

Hope this helps

Reply to
Dan

Yes, thanks. Never seen the word used that way...

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Lends a larger meaning to the statement "We need some new drafting pens!" eh?

Toomba bloody woomba?

Happy Trails To You

Reply to
Happy Trails

I don't know where Toombawooba is, but I'm 50km from Whangamomona.......

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
John D. Fisher