residential electrical drawing

Looking for a residential home electrical wiring drawing. New to CAD and looking for ideas.

What Country
As the reg's vary widely from country to country
for a residential home electrical wiring drawing.&nbsp; New to CAD and<BR>looking for ideas.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:36:12 +0100, Mason wrote:

Sorry. Applicable regulations would be US / Missouri regs.
First CAD project I've ever attempted. Drawing up my own house to assist with planning some remodeling projects. Just looking for ideas/examples so maybe I can learn the proper way as I go.
Thanks for the observation.
Might be better to go to your local Public Library and take a look at there books and draw you self as set of blocks or there may be appropriate one's on, http://cben.net /
Looking for a residential home electrical wiring drawing.&nbsp; New to CAD and<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; looking for ideas.<BR><BR>Sorry. Applicable regulations would be US / Missouri regs.&nbsp; <BR><BR>First CAD project I've ever attempted.&nbsp; Drawing up my own house to assist<BR>with planning some remodeling projects.&nbsp; Just looking for ideas/examples so<BR>maybe I can learn the proper way as I go.&nbsp; <BR><BR>Thanks for the observation.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
You might find your local Building Official to be of considerable help. Many jurisdictions publish guidelines and lists of requirements, and some even include sample drawings to clarify the requirements. After all, these are ultimately the people you need to please with whatever plans you come up with. ___

drawings symbols and things without knowing what you are drawing could be dangerous.
What code are you required to use. International Residential code? Which year? International building code? Which year?
http://www.beforethearchitect.com/images-draftings/TBP-Electrical.pdf
here is an electrical plan online.
In your position, I wouldn't do anything more than indicate where you want fixtures, outlets, and switches to be. The electrician will get the permit and be responsible for wiring gages and routing, panel box, all that.
jim wrote:

jim wrote:

hey!
I spent a dozen years drawing commercial plans here in Missouri. Columbia. it does matter who your code enforcing authority is - not everybody has adopted the same code. then they pick and choose what parts of the code they want to enforce.
idiots.
but I digress. residential contractors here are quite different from commercial. I would not expect a residential electrical contractor to pay much attention to the kind of electrical plans a commercial contractor would expect from a set of sealed plans.
but the plumbers are even harder headed.
you can review the residential electric code if you like, but if you START by placing outlets no more than 6' apart, and have at least one outlet on each section (like between doors) that is 6' in length, that would be about 80% of right.
garage, kitchen, bathroom and outdoor need to be GFIC protected. but you have your choice (here at least) of using a GFIC breaker for the circuit, GFIC outlets, or wiring through a single GFIC outlet. in Columbia.
the kitchen requires at least 2 circuits. things like the garbage disposal and refrigerator, any motor loads. if it is convenient at all, should have their own circuit. they have a large amp draw when they start up, and nuisance breaker trips are just not worth the $ saved. sub a panel if needs be.
are you single or three ? I am two phase. (just kidding)
your best course, if you want some measure of control, is to designate on your plans where you insist on having outlets, and let the electrician deal with the details.
then watch him like a hawk and see if it makes him uncomfortable........ always cheaper in the long haul to not have to do something over, or live without what you want.
hope that helps.
Thanks for the links and advice. I have what I need.