Revolve, ellipse question

I'm having some difficultly getting an ellipse to revolve. The object
I've got consists of two ellipse sections joined by several straight
lines. When I select all of the objects to revolve, I get the message
'Unable to revolve 9 selected objects.' I've since tried to revolve an
ellipse segment and a line. No good Seems that anything involving an
ellipse won't work. I'm using 2000i and the help file says that this
should be possible. Can anyone help with this? If need be, I can
upload the file, it's only 26K.
Thanks in advance
mike
Reply to
Mike Kruger
Are your segments a joined polyline? Is your revolving point in the same plane as the segment you want to revolve?
Reply to
uNkulunkulu
The profile you are trying to revolve MUST be a closed region and cannot be self intersecting.
Create the profile with your ellipses, trim or extend the line work, issue the region command and select the profile, then revolve the region.
This will work but when I tried it the results were a little funky.
Reply to
Patrick Hughes
Thank you. I did have a closed area and it was on the same plane as the axis, still didn't work. I then used the region command and it worked. I will now be reading about the region command, I'd never heard of it before.
Thanks again, mike