startapp in 2007

Why does this work from the command line: (startapp "c:\\program files\\microsoft office\\office\\winword.exe")

but if assigned to a button on a toolbar, the slashes have to be reversed to make it function: (startapp "c://program files//microsoft office//office//winword.exe") otherwise, the command line hangs at (startapp "c:

Reply to
Pete

From a macro, AutoCAD reads the first \ as a pause for input, because it is a control character... See Help file, Customization, control character.

Reply to
Chip Harper

Thanks. I'm quite familiar with that control character but I was just curious why the entry on the command line and the same entry for a button would behave differently.

"Chip Harper" wrote in message news:La6dndxTmql snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com... From a macro, AutoCAD reads the first \ as a pause for input, because it is a control character... See Help file, Customization, control character.

Reply to
Pete