startapp in 2007

Why does this work from the command line: (startapp "c:\\program files\\microsoft office\\office\\winword.exe")
but if assigned to a button on a toolbar, the slashes have to be reversed to make it function: (startapp "c://program files//microsoft office//office//winword.exe") otherwise, the command line hangs at (startapp "c:
Add pictures here
✖
From a macro, AutoCAD reads the first \ as a pause for input, because it is a control character... See Help file, Customization, control character.
--