custom button - word

heello....
I found a need for a quick open to 'Word', but code didnt work;; it is for a quick-custom-button. This worked for Notepad : : (after being in the custom button area)
C^C^(startapp "notepad.exe") I did the same for Word: : C^C^(startapp "winword.exe") no joy.
O/S is win98se.
thumbs up..........
You will need to specify the direct path to winword.exe
This worked on my machine:
(startapp "c:\\program files\\microsoft office\\office10\\winword.exe")
You may have to change the path though.
Greg
lines wrote:

I tried that on mine (2007) and the command prompt gets stuck at (startapp c: Apparently, it's confused by the c:, looking for a command?
Pete

If you have a shortcut to Word on your desktop or in the Windows folder, open its Properties and insert a letter (W?) in the Shortcut Key field. Word will then open with Ctrl-Alt-W at any time in or out of any application.