custom button - word

heello....

I found a need for a quick open to 'Word', but code didnt work;; it is for a quick-custom-button. This worked for Notepad : : (after being in the custom button area) C^C^(startapp "notepad.exe") I did the same for Word: : C^C^(startapp "winword.exe") no joy.

O/S is win98se.

thumbs up..........

Reply to
lines

You will need to specify the direct path to winword.exe

This worked on my machine:

(startapp "c:\\program files\\microsoft office\\office10\\winword.exe")

You may have to change the path though.

Greg

l> heello....

Reply to
Greg Young

If you have a shortcut to Word on your desktop or in the Windows folder, open its Properties and insert a letter (W?) in the Shortcut Key field. Word will then open with Ctrl-Alt-W at any time in or out of any application.

Reply to
Joe

I tried that on mine (2007) and the command prompt gets stuck at (startapp c: Apparently, it's confused by the c:, looking for a command?

Pete

Reply to
Pete