Beaudry Champion 150#

Does anyone have any information about Beaudry Hammers? How do they perform? Are they relatively easy to maintain? Do you know of any resources to find out information about them? Does anyone have one that could provide some insight? Any help always welcome.

Reply to
Etienne

Does anyone have any experience with Beaudry power hammers and their capabilities? Especially in the 150# range. Does anyone know what size hammer goes with what model (i.e. #8, #7, etc.). Is there anywhere to oobtain manuals or specification sheets? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Etienne

Hey ET, Go to this link at anvilfire.com. it's their power hammer page. Bruce Wallace is the man to talk to about these hammers and the links at anvilfire will lead to him. As far as I know. Beaudry's are very much like Champions which are very much like Little Giants. They use an upright c-frame with a sow block to hold the anvil dies. There is a belt diven flywheel at the top which is connected with an eccentric to a spring loaded ram. Hmmm? I thought you were ready to buy some "Chinese" iron ? I know it's a big decision. Just what the heck kind of work do you want to do? If smithing is not your vocation and you do not intend to work 1-1/2"-3" as a regular habit I'd be looking for something smaller. Mayb even try building your own air cylinder job. It would sure be cheaper.

Glen G. (the guy with the #200 Bradley)

Reply to
glen

Homework, homework, homework! Actually, I hope to do smithing full time (down the road), and am looking for equipment to get me there. Also, I have a new shop that begs for equipment. I think from here on out I will just email you directly. Thanks for the info. I am actually familiar with the equipment, but am looking for information from users who might have particular knowledge of their strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Reply to
Etienne