Newbie and Christmas Lights

I am putting out Christmas lights this year. Does anyone have any information on how to cheaply control them from a pc? How to cheaply add motion to a few?

I am new to this and any help or dorection to resources would be appreciated!

Reply to
Don

X-10 has their 6 piece ActiveHome automation kit plus motion/lighting kit on sale now for $50. It will do what you want to do.......comes with the computer interface and cable, software (requires Windows), transciever, lamp modules, motion sensor plus some other stuff.

volts500

I don't know how much or how serious you are, but this site has just about any thing you would want or need.

Reply to
crm

This site is probably better for what you have in mind..........

Reply to
crm

Si Ballenger

In article , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says... | I am putting out Christmas lights this year. Does anyone have any | information on how to cheaply control them from a pc? How to cheaply | add motion to a few? | The usual way to drive Christmas or similar lights in a pattern is to use a pic, which depending upon the pic can store several different selectable light patterns. Just add some suitable driver transistors to the output of the pic.

Several sites offer quick tuition on the use of the pic and some models of pic can be reprogrammed numerous times.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield