Is it always like this?

I have just joined this group, but I can't understand why the only posts I am seeing dated from the 20th have to do with penis enlargement and
seduction, etc. Not that I don't care about these things, but have the rest of you run off somewhere?
I consider this a test post--I want to see whether a a "normal" person can get get through.
-- Leo Lichtman snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net

Filters (Newsreader variety) are often quite usefull, especially when set to eliminate multiply-crossposted messages.
That's why I don't see a lot of that kind of spam.
To answer your implied question, yes, a "normal" person can get through.
maybe my isp is doing good! i havent seen anything like that ( apart from my inbox of course....)
russ from Oz

To answer your question directly: No, it isn't always like this. But this newgroup seems to be somewhat sporadic with original posts. It generally takes someone to ask a relevant question on a subject of general blacksmithing interest to get things going.
Pete Stanaitis -----------------