leg vise plans?

Anyone know where I could find some? Been trying Google, etc with no luck. Thanks in advance.

I recommend you just have a look at one. They are very simple tools, but not all that simple to forge. I hope you have a striker to help you out. :-)
Ron
--

***My e-mail is "PureMail" protected. To reply, please copy and paste***
***the following authorization stamp in the "Subject" line of your reply.***
On 21 Nov 2003 14:29:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Bruce Freeman) wrote:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:42:06 -0600, Strube wrote:

Not really plans, but here's a picture and description of one man's home-built vise. http://www.keenjunk.com/sketchbk/tc10414a.htm
-Marc
Thanks Marc. Just what I was looking for. Cannot, however, work out how the foot pedal works. Well it is Monday and the aftermath of rugby fever :-) You have to a Brit or Aussie to understand this. Regards GeoffH Norfolk - UK
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:47:25 GMT, "Marc Godbout"

If you check out the rest of keenjunk.com, you'll run across their forum, called the junkyard. The designer/builder of the vise, Tony, is a very active contributor and will answer any question you ask. It might be a wise-a$$ answer, but he'll definitely give you good info in between the jokes.
We have rugby over here in the colonies, too. I didn't play, but a friend did. Mondays were a bit of a fog for him and he usually broke something each season.
-Marc
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:53:40 +0000, GeoffH wrote:

Hello Marc, Thanks for the reply.

Have just had a quick look through the site. What a goldmine of information and projects. Glad I found it via this ng.

I will contact him.

Didn't realise it had a following over there. The celebrations have only just started here, and will continue for the next 4 years and more. Regards GeoffH

Shoot, I played tight head prop a few years on a local club team in southeast Texas. That was back in the '70's. Got knocked off my feet higher and farther than by anything else in my farmboy experience one rainy day playing a second string from "The Old Boys" club, a bunch of stevedores and ex- pro football (American) players. Thank goodness it was muddy for a soft landing.
I enjoyed it a lot more than high school football. Of course, there was the beer.
Pete Keillor
Another great resource is www.anvilfire.com. Similar to keenjunk, with some of the same people in the forums. But it's got a great section, called iForge, which is a collection of projects done via online demos in their chatroom. The step-by-step instructions with photos and drawings is probably better than any book I've got.
Last, but not least, look do a search for TheForge. That's an email list with a lot of great and helpful folks.
-Marc
On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:01:57 +0000, GeoffH wrote:

Thanks to all who made suggestions. When (O.K., IF) I get one built, I will let the group know and post pics in an appropriate place.
Thanks again!
I found a set of plans for a vertical vise on the Abana site. The site takes some searching, but there's some good stuff there.