newbie portable forge

I'm new and learning.My plan is to make simple hand tools for woodturning..I'm looking for a portable,gas forge..Is forgemaster any good?..Is there another manufacturer better?I really don't have the self confidence or do I want to make the time to try and create the portable one from used propane tanks..Any help will be appreciated..Be gentle....Thanks,Rick

Reply to
<rpixley

Rick, The Forgemaster works just fine. The N.C.Forge stuff is fine too. If you want to save some money I think I saw someone selling forge kits on the blacksmiths webring. All the parts and materials are there, you just have to knock it together yourself and save a couple of hundred bucks. Also, most of the smaller 2 burner gas forges on the market really are quite portable. They only weigh 20 lbs. or so.

Good luck, Glen G.

Reply to
glen

Reply to
<rpixley

Rick, go to: < blacksmithsjournal.com > Find their "store" and click on tools. They have a kit that builds a 13"x13"x6"forge. It costs $295. All you will need to add is a good, adjustable propane regulator, hose, fittings and of course a tank of propane. Looks like a good deal to me. This is a cool site with a lot of interesting things. Good luck mate.

Glen G.

Reply to
glen