Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

can anybody compare UG to PRO-E?
Anybody here have experience on both?
14
14

an idea for free
How about a secondary starter using spring power, possibly pumped up with a hydraulic foot petal. Of course it would have to be freewheel somehow. Now if your battery is dead, pump that extra pedal...
8
8

A opinion on the current cad cam posts...
You ARE talking to some on this group who can't tell a piece or steel from a piece of aluminium...
2
2

Pioneer Tool Holders
To All: Stopped by the ol' shop today (Bosses birthday). Anyway, they've been using some trick tool holders. A few were first tried on their new 15,000 RPM Fadal, but they were so good that they got a...
2
2

Part Programming Test 1
To All: Ok, here is a simple part to program. Triangle-Circle-Square. Here's what it should resemble after cut part rendering/verifying. it is just a 2 1/2 axis part, I wouldn't bother trying to make...
15
15

FS-Clausing 8540
Im getting ready to start a rebuild on that 40 Taper Larios Horizontal mill Ive got out in storage..and will be replacing a Clausing 8540 with it. So...sigh..the 8540 has to go. Anyone want a nice,...
10
10

Survey - Does Your Shop Have a Tool Crib?
To All: Does your shop have an official tool crib, with attendant & chits, etc.? How many people work in your shop?
3
3

RE: Lathe Chuck
I have various sizes of plastic tubing (4,5,6,7,8 OD's) all 9" long with 3/16 wall that I want to machine threads onto. I would like to chuck these internally on the drive end and use the steady rest...
7
7

Test - How Fast is Your CAM System?
To All: It was recently mentioned that GibbsCam doesn't have an extensive Tool Library. And that's a valid point, it doesn't. What it has is 20 basic Tool types that you edit to meet your needs. Now...
9
9

WTB/Trade .41 Bullet mould
Looking for a .41 SWC (prefered) bullet mould..in the area of 200-240grs Id consider round nose..but prefer a decent Keith style Semi wad cutter style No Lee multigroove micro yada yada designed for...

Hard Turning with no Feed Marks
To All: I missed this when it first came out, but here is a way to hard-turn bearing & seal OD's and the like. Here are some excerpts from an article in MMSonline (short video at site)....
8
8

plans for novelty items/gifts?
I've been asked to build an item(s) for the Christmas party. They have a raffle and also give prizes for games, etc. A coin bank was suggested. Does anyone have a link to plans for unique items that...
22
22

Grinding Tip
To All: Here's a short video from Cutting Tool Engineering Magazine with a surface finish grinding tip for those shops doing grinding work....
11
11

Anyone hear Milwaukee WI to look at a machine for me?
Looking at a Hyundai CNC lathe. Hate to buy something sight unseen. I'd feel a little better if someone at least took a look and could tell me if the pictures show it's true condition or not. Maybe...

.020" dia hole drilling
I have to drill 1,000 holes 1/4" deep in 6061 AL, using a .020 dia drill. Does anyone have a secret speed feed method/combination to improve drilling time? Center drilling isn't happening, I have a...
3
3