Chasing your tail

Hang on, post is on topic.

We have been having issues with one of our Mori ZT2500y's

The picture must be of a small one. Ours are monsters.

Anyway, we had an issue where our bore diameter varied and we were going nuts.

The cell uses a robot loader, air gaging that feeds back wear corrections. Sometimes it worked, sometimes we were chasing our tails.

Finally we get the integrator up to the plant, they re-level the machine and poke around. One of our techs points at a cylinder and asks what it does. The tech from the integrator, just gets up and walks away.

Well, that cylinder clamps the subspindle to the bed. The programming only used clamping in one of the two modes of operation. I can't remember if it was in full auto with the automation or in single part setup. Anyway, it caused all sorts of grief.

The other machine in the cell must have been made a bit tighter, we were not having problems with it.

Wes

Reply to
clutch