Cimatron Update...

Mastercam......50% Cimatron.........85% Unigraphics.....100%

UG is still my favorite, but Cimatron is catching up fast! Just added a spaceball, now it's exactly like moving around in UG.

It's super easy to leave different amounts on faces. I was able to do it on UG using check surfaces, but I could only change one value for all check surfs. Cimatron lets you select a surf and give it an offset value, then select another and give it a value.

Reply to
vinny

When I need to do that I create multiple check boundaries. Each one can be different using Custom Boundary Data - Stock.

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill

Well done. LOL

Reply to
John R. Carroll

ya we are laughing too, only at you.

WTF cares about this shit? Feeling a little out of control or a little over controlled? Well?

Reply to
cncmillgil

The Cimatron offices will be closed Monday, September 6, 2010, in observance of the Labor Day Holiday. If you need immediate assistance on this day, please call Hari Sridharan at 248-939- 7445.

Sincerely,

Lisa Sterling Director of Marketing Cimatron Technologies, Inc.

snipped-for-privacy@cimatrontech.com

Reply to
cncmillgil

The Cimatron offices will be closed Monday, September 6, 2010, in observance of the Labor Day Holiday. If you need immediate assistance on this day, please call Hari Sridharan at 248-939- 7445.

Sincerely,

Lisa Sterling Director of Marketing Cimatron Technologies, Inc.

snipped-for-privacy@cimatrontech.com

********* as open mided as I am...UG still blows cimatron away. Sorry man.
Reply to
vinny

open minded?? come on now. UG is like your 1st piece, there's always gonna be a "soft spot" for her. nothin to be sorry about that. and whats so bad about polygamy?

Reply to
cncmillgil

open minded?? come on now. UG is like your 1st piece, there's always gonna be a "soft spot" for her. nothin to be sorry about that. and whats so bad about polygamy?

*********

Ug is my 20th piece prolly. But it's the frankenstein monster, made up of body parts from Smartcam and Camax...my first true loves(hores). Cimatron is cimatron. She's her own monster, made from scratch. And sometimes she can be a real bitch.

Besides, cimatron is a surface machiner, ug is a solid machiner capable of cutting surfs as good as anything else. Cimatron calls itself a hybrid modeler...it's not. It's a surface modeler. UG is the hybrid modeler.

But like always it comes down to playing with other peoples toys. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with. Cimatron rulez!

Reply to
vinny

.

well said

Reply to
cncmillgil

Smartcam is still around (smartcamcnc.com), and lately they've been offering a very attractive mill/turn bundle for sale. Smartcam is my "first love (from the DOS V4.3 days), was very glad when they reappeared. But I just got a seat of Cimatron due to needing the five-axis capability that SC doesn't have (maybe someday soon).

GPN

Reply to
GPN

Welcome to the Cimatron family! probably wont be hearing much from you, since you'll be happily cutting away.

Reply to
cncmillgil

Welcome to the Cimatron family! probably wont be hearing much from you, since you'll be happily cutting away.

Reply to
vinny

its wishfull thinking, nothin wrong with that. you know PMA............ not PMS

Reply to
cncmillgil

its wishfull thinking, nothin wrong with that. you know PMA............ not PMS

********* Cimatron and Iscar...proof Isreal is GOD's fav's. Hopefully the USA is second....
Reply to
vinny