Cleaning up the shop

You just have to root around a little George. It's all there.

The same is true for the Cal ISO information. The DOE site also has a lot of current and historical data and all of the above allow .csv or Excel downloads so you can have a field day if you want. I went through this excercise when gas hit $4.00.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

FYI, All that "free" stuff is totally taxable as far as the IRS is concerned.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Why do you think he doesn't use Ebay?

Reply to
John R. Carroll

If the IRS wants a flat rate box of cats, I'm sure Gunner will oblige. How do you assess the value of a barter transaction for tax purposes until someone finally resells their side of it?

Reply to
IanM

I can tell you how the State of California does it. They just plop down a big number based on average earnings in various categories and replacement value. Then they sieze and sell everything. Anyone on the other side of the bartered arrangement is liable if the Franchise Tax Board or State Board of Equalization thinks they knew or should have known what was going on. At that point, they start going through those assets and they don't ask politely. They lien and levy. There were a lot of small tool and die shops in the LA area that converted to 100 percent contract work. When the guys that worked for them didn't pay their taxes, those shops suddenly found their bank accounts lighted by the full amount of witholding at single zero. I know one guy that had to close up. A father and two son operation. I worked with one of the sons a couple years after the event.

The State of California can, and does, go where the money is and lets the party's sort things out in court later.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or about Thu, 21 Jan 2010 03:42:00 -0800 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

One notices the things one is most familiar with.

I have a collection of photos taken at tech school "What's wrong with this picture?" Pop can held in the chuck by the rim, wrenches left in the chuck - all the things the instructor said we shouldn't do.

pyotr filipivich

So how should a pop can be held in a chuck? Being aluminum, one assumes that even a 6 jaw would be a bit much, ?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

gently!

Reply to
cavelamb

I concur.

Reply to
Joe788

And unopened.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

============ While 50% seems high, clearly the actual under and unemployment rate is *MUCH* than the official numbers when the discouraged workers [those whose unemployment benefits have runout] are included. Indeed from the following news items, the "official" unemployment rate continues to increase.

several other media sites.

Unka George (George McDuffee) .............................. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author. The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

It could be because he wants to hide his income, but it might be because he doesn't have a credit card or Paypal account. Hard to get either of those without a bank account, which a lot of deadbeats like gummer don't have for fear that any money they deposit, even temporarily, will get snarfed up by creditors.

Then they won't waste much time on gummer. Most of the stuff he drags home was destined for the dumpster for good reason. Society's best chance of forcing him to pay his fair share is to mine his subsistence lifestyle by taxing mountain dew, tobacco, monster, and junk food, at

100%. Beyond that they could they could get what he's supposed to be paying in property taxes, by charging him a nickel for each Usenet post. :-)

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Last I heard, the new guy had got the old guy a job as an illegal alien serving food in Haiti, or some-such :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

If your pennilessness is so recent, then how come you have a nearly 3 decade record of dodging creditors?

If you had a full time job up until lately, then how come you've never been able to afford to pay property taxes even when they were I could have continued

You had insurance in the same way that you have "acreage".

No, you're one of the dedicated deadbeats who prefer to blame everybody else.

My gawd, your excuses are soooo pathetic and ludicrous. If you really want to work then swear off your keyboard for good. Otherwise, learn to enjoy ridicule.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

And to be realistic..double those figures.

So California has a 24% unemployment rate, DC has nearly 26% and so forth.

As I recall..the single worst year of the Great Depression had a 35% unemployment rate..but 57% of the population lived on farms...where today..its 11%

Most of the Great Depression carried a 27% unemplyment rate +/-

It would appear that we are nearing rapidly..the Great Depression Part Deux. Hell..we are already there.

And the slide continues ever downward. With no end in sight.

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for existence.

- It is NOT fiscally responsible.

- It is NOT ethically honorable.

- It has started wars based on lies.

- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.

- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.

- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.

- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.

- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

...It no longer has valid reasons to exist. Lorad474

Reply to
Gunner Asch

> and several other media sites.

And the one thing they both have in common is they were both caused by the republicans. They did the same anti government business deregulation scheme in 1920 and again in 2001 and the results were the same in both cases. First a period of a boom in business followed by a terrible bust. It took 11 years and a world war to end the first one. No telling how long it'll take to end this one. One thing is for sure, if the republicans are put back in power it will take a lot longer.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Dear Sir, t Thank you very much for the personal testimonial on your problems with the current health care system. We really appreciate hearing personally tragic stories from people like you, who through no fault of their own, are left with little or no recourse but to seek government assistance to pay for their emergency medical expenses. Your plight points out so clearly why the country is in such need of a universal health care system. It is indeed a tragedy that so many other people just like you will be driven into destitution merely because of a medical emergency. Thanks again. And remember the only solution to the problems facing people in situations just like yours is to vote for Democratic candidates. I'm sure we can count on your vote considering what happened to you.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Let the Record show that Gunner Asch on or about Thu, 21 Jan 2010 21:55:23 -0800 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Well, Chuck usually had one of them foam can cozies, which he'd then hold in his hand.

But I think if I were to attempt to thin down a standard popcan, I'd fill it with wax to prevent deformation. I think Enco carries it. Or outsource it to California, or some backwards third world place where they do marvels with just hand tools.

tschus pyotr

pyotr filipivich

Let the Record show that "Michael A. Terrell" on or about Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:12:16

-0500 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Oh, that's no fun ... no wait. Spin a can of pop up to a couple thousand RPM, then use a cut off tool to open it up - oh, that would be fun. To watch on a remote TV. Bwhahahahahahaha

pyotr filipivich

Wax....marvelous Idea! See..there are some really smart people in these newsgroups!!

Bravo!!

Reply to
Gunner Asch