Coolant

Most all synthetic coolants I've used in the past either rust the machine(vaporization?), gum up the micro switches, stain aluminum (chemical reaction from clamped in steel vise jaws?)

The new Hurco42 is in & being set up. Asked the service man what he recommends for coolant mainly on titanium, aluminum & ss.

anyone used this stuff?

Reply to
cncmillgil

We use some enviro friendly coolant. It's green and almost all water. Fed by a reverse osmosus system. It sucks azz. I was drilling this hole when I first started there, 7/16ths on a bridgport, hangine on the handle giving it hell. Ran out of oil...then i grabbed this 5 year old spray bottle I had of cutting fluid, the light brown nasty shiiiit. A couple of sprays and that drill fell thru that hole.

Anothern pile of crap we are fed. We are told our oil is more earth friendly, but it takes 5 times as long to drill a hole, thats 5 times more oil pourded out into the universe. I bet it's more environmentally sound to just use the nasty old school stuff.

Here's a thought:.......

We drive off with 500, 50 foot boats, custom built in 30 days paid for by BP...on the back of the boats are round skimmers like on our mills. these boats race out with evenrude 235hp outboards, stop, and crank up the skimmers using solar cells. An hour later they come back with 1000 gallons of goop, load it on a tanker and ship it off to England, then bill bp for the cost.

Reply to
vinny

BP will probabally bill you for the theft of the oil....

Reply to
raamman

Gil, I've used Blaser 2000 Universal, water soluble, with good results for about

10 years now, and no rust.

I believe that Blaser runs their reps through training on their products. I find my Blaser rep to be very knowledgeable about coolants. Blaser recommends Conoco Hydroclear for way lube as it has a zero sulpher, which the bacteria feed on.

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

Cool............ ant! The Blaser sales dude will be in Mon with 5gals of B-cool to "show us" how its mixed. Apparently its water 1st then coolent, then stir like hell ! He better be bringing a mixer with. Its only a 100 gal tank & I'll be busy on another job

Thanks for the heads up on the way lube. We've been using Casterol, its kinda dark & gets clumpy in the over flows- clogging the drain hoses.

Reply to
cncmillgil

Gil, Another benefit of the Hydroclear is there is no ash or other particulate to clog up the way lube system metering jets etc. I've been running it for 10 years on one machine when I started using the Blasers. Boxway machine and no problems with wear or stick/slip.

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

It smells so nice. Nothing like the synthetics found in "most" shops. Milky......... I had to ask/ train the blaser salesrep about way lube w/o sulfer - after the discussion here! Thank You G/D - (Conoco Hydroclear) It only took 1week to get everything We put what was left of cimcool 540 in the 1st week. Then dumped / pumped it over to the old VMX24 that was dumped/cleaned. Blaser recommends a 10 ratio on the reftractometer! woooo! It may be "friendly" to the skin? noticed my hands / skin feels ............. milkey?

Reply to
cncmillgil