Edible Flower Arrangement

To All:

So yesterday there was a knock at the door, so I looked out my peephole and there is a guy standing there that looks like he's holding a bag of bagels. I'm wondering "What the hell is THIS guy selling". So I open the door and he says "delivery". I ask him, "Have you got right address?" He says its for Robert DuCharme. I reply, yeah that's me all right. He hands it to me and I almost dropped it, this thing is HUGE & HEAVY - like weighing half as much as a Chinese Kurt knock off. I asked him what is it? Well it was what they call "An Edible Flower Arrangement". There are no actual flowers involved, it's made up of various fruits cut and arranged like a bouquet of flowers. It had cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes, pineapple, and some unknown round things - at least unknown to me. So the first thing I did was take a picture of it, so I could take the picture to Fran. I put a banana there for size reference.

I ate some of it and took a bunch of the fruit off the "Arrangement" and put it in the refrigerator. But there was no way I could eat all of that before it went bad. So not wanting to waste it, I took the rest of it to the shop and let the shop rats (the human ones), feast on it. It was a BIG HIT.

Now here's the good part; it came with a card saying (paraphrased) Best wishes to Fran and me... - and on that card were the names of over

2 dozen regulars in amc! I did a spot check by E-mailing some of the names on the list and everyone I contacted said that YES they had agreed to have their names put on the card. I showed Fran the picture today, she said: "It's BEAUTIFUL, she said to thank every single person on that card. She may even come home soon enough to eat some of the "flowers" I have in the refrigerator. Not to get sappy sentimental, but I will anyway. You guys have no idea how deeply this touches me. I am forever in your debt. To the "ringleaders"; The price of this gift has got to be high, but what is even more costly is the hours that must have been spent over DAYS to contact everyone and wait for their answers and suggestions. I'm sure others would have agreed as well but the logistics becomes exponentially more difficult as the number of people contacted becomes larger. I believe this is truly a rare example of "community" in amc. It reaffirms my faith in the basic kindness of people. Like I've said before, the regulars in here are like an extended family to me.

A little birdie told me who he believes the mastermind(s) of this deed were. I won't mention any names if he/they want to remain anonymous, but I hope any contributing parties come forward to get the Kudos they deserve.

Reply to
BottleBob

Dude,

Looks like real fruit!! goddamm.... I wish someone would send ME some edible flowers -- ahm STARVIN over here, yo..... g-d wife is pissed at me... again.... mebbe cuz she shoveled the snow??? :)

Sheeit, I didn't know there were 2 dozen regulars!

Good show. Somebody did a good job!

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

To All:

It has come to my attention that **Black Dragon** was the one who initiated and carried through with this bit of Christmas generosity for Fran & I (with some suggestions here and there by concerned others). I felt he should get the credit he deserves rather than stay anonymous. And with much wheedling and arm twisting he has agreed to let me post this. But he wanted it known that... well let me quote him directly: "I set out to do this on behalf of THE NEWSGROUP, not Black Dragon and the newsgroup." Jeese, what can you say about a guy like that, eh? BD, your image as the newsgroup's curmudgeon has been forever damaged. :)

And I wish to thank all the others that signed the card and offered suggestions. I'm going to try to keep some of the "Flowers" in the refrigerator for when Fran comes home. Can you freeze melons & pineapple?

Also, of note is that BD wouldn't take donations when offered by others. If those people still wish to donate in the spirit of Christmas giving - BD says: "I truly don't want anything. If people really feel the need to chip in, make a donation to a local food kitchen or animal shelter. If any money finds its way to me, it's going to the Wyoming County SPCA in Attica NY in the form of food for the animals."

Reply to
BottleBob

Bob,

If you ever f*ck up my reputation like you have done with BD's above then guaranteed I will never ever speak to you ever again....

Now that the above is all fairly clear, actually I'm pretty sure it wasnt DB alone but was either Brewer or John R. Carroll that set him up to it.

Then again, who really cares ?

Reply to
Bipolar Bear

BPB:

I see the newsgroup's getting back to normal. :)

Actually, *I* care. When someone goes out of their way to do something nice for someone else, don't you think they deserve an atta-boy.

Reply to
BottleBob

To those who offered you wanted to know how much. The amount is $8.73. And to be honest, I'd much rather see it go to an animal shelter (preferably one not run by a City or County) than some crack w***es on welfare with a half dozen kids each. Or, wherever BB might like to see it go. :)

Reply to
Black Dragon

I don't think anyone set anyone up to do anything Sam. I know I didn't.

You've thought about this as well I see. Dick Tracy, er BottleBob, still has Fran.and sending something along for them was a great idea and an act of kindness. One of the first things I wondered was why we hadn't done this sort of thing before. Actually, I felt bad for a minute that I hadn't. Obviously, it's still on my mind. I still watch that damned Christmas party video once in a great while.

I'm going to dig it up and watch it again right now. It always makes me smile and then laugh.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Yes it is, good job Black Dragon!

Reply to
brewertr

An unimportant aspect.

Some actually can read between the lines...

And enjoying a walk in the snow.

Reply to
Bipolar Bear

To a certain persistent individual, I'll repeat one more time. I do not want anything so stop bugging me!

Reply to
Black Dragon

I'm trying to find out if there is has been a legal fund started to help free Muntadhar al-Zaidi--If anyone hears of anything then appreciate let me know as I would like to make a contribution.

Reply to
Bipolar Bear

. =A0There are

Just an update.

OK, I brought Fran home this afternoon for a visit for a couple of days. She ripped into her Christmas presents like a fiend! I took out the 'edible flowers' I had saved in the refrigerator, one of them was a little discolored so I tossed it. The rest looked fine. So I gave some of them to Fran. She immediately started munching on them. I asked her how they tasted and she said "Murrfhh mareoohf" So I waited awhile and asked again. She said: "It's delicious." She also said: "Thank everyone who was involved in sending such a nice Christmas present, God bless them all and I wish them a happy New Year."

She's got railroad tracks all over her abdomen, but her operation is healed and I figure it won't be long before she's home permanently.

-- BottleBob

bottlbob

x?uÁnÂ0Dïù?9?5ôB?zB¢?V*?à?Ml?½QÄß×I{hËH³3oߧ`×ØáM3vJí±-Êí¾|)«B)¬>>/Ok,?CíE\íëWÒA?³|Û0É÷-«ìqáþí´rÀ¼PY=Ûc65#Û~Êçeò3ہ`£?&8Ïmò?

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Bob....Good to hear she keeps gettin better.

I think "Murrfhh mareoohf" means "I feel great....now get me back home". :)

BTW.....your post almost got lost amongst the new "spambot" postings. I just accidentally came across it. Looks like lil jonnie's acquired a new skeel. :)

Barn

Reply to
barn_rubble

" snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net" wrote in news:8f91dbad- snipped-for-privacy@i18g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Glad to hear it Bob. Best wishes for the new year.

Reply to
D Murphy

Charlie:

Thank you. And a Happy New Year to you and yours as well.

Reply to
BottleBob

Great news BB, best wishes and hope for a full and complete recovery!!!!! Keep up the fruit intake!!

"D"

Reply to
reidmachine

Hi Dan, Happy New Year.

Later,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary

Dan & Charlie:

Uh oh, did I get my wires crossed? I'm sorry. It was bound to happen sooner or later. Happy New Year to you Dan, or maybe I should say Happy New Year to EVERYBODY so all my bases are covered, eh. LOL

Reply to
BottleBob

Bob, As soon as I saw that I just knew I had to have some fun with it. ;-)

Later,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary