Euro machine wiring arrgh

Last night I was trying to probe the e-stop string on an Index G200. Should have been straight forward but like some other Euro machines they don't label the wires.

The contactors, relays, ect were labeled on the wire way covers using what looked like label tape written on with a pen plotter. The ink didn't hold up and has long ago faded away.

So I go to the manuals. You would think there would be the standard panel layout diagram showing the components? Not a chance.

There are some things that frustrate the heck out of a tech.

Just venting,

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

Try working on a Bechler screw machine. Most of the prints are in French, Technical German or a bastardized "Swiss patois" which is a mix of German and French..often on the same page.

Gunner, who has to rebuild two Bechler 35mm spindles next week..sigh

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed, the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line of defense." --Walter Williams

Reply to
Gunner

I feel for you. After being exposed to the euro stuff, I'll stick to englangneese.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

Damn, I didn't know anybody had them anymore.

Reply to
Why

Do Euro machines use Whitworth?

Reply to
Michael

Like 3 belt Brownies and Davenports..there are shitload of them out there.

Thankfully.

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed, the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line of defense." --Walter Williams

Reply to
Gunner

============= And what do we do for parts when these wear out at last or the people that know how to run/fix them disappear? Go back to raising sheep?

Unka George (George McDuffee)

There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations; even a democrat like myself must admit this. But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy, for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch," but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

That is indeed an issue. But at present, there are enough around that buying a couple at .30 a pound for spares is feasable.

Gunner

president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed, the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line of defense." --Walter Williams

Reply to
Gunner

================ I was not referring so much to the spare parts for the brownies, davenports, bechlers, turnos, etc. as the parts these make that go into so many everyday products, although this is a factor.

Your assembly line goes down if you don't have *ALL* the parts required, Whether you lack the main body casting or a 5 cent stand-off or pin of some kind you are still down.

we are putting our head (or more correctly, our head is being placed) in a noose.

To rephrase a popular vietnam era saying:

When you got'em by the "parts," their hearts and minds will follow.

Unka George (George McDuffee)

There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations; even a democrat like myself must admit this. But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy, for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch," but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

I've got the Brownies, sold my Davenport when they started wanting parts run just for the brass chips, that was 1985.

Reply to
Why

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner wrote on Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:56:48 GMT in alt.machines.cnc :

Ach ja, Schwitzer Deutsche! sounds like German spoken by the Swedish Chef, mit the up and downs you have to hear to believe.

tschus pyotr

-- pyotr filipivich Typos, Grammos and da kind are the result of ragin hormones Fortesque Consulting: Teaching Pigs to Sing since 1968.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich