Fanul, Fadal Haas Controls - what is up with this?

Jon, we answered your questions. Why don't YOU answer OURS? Embarrassed, are you?

Reply to
Joe788

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that D Murphy wrote on 14 Feb 2009 18:19:00 GMT in alt.machines.cnc :

Works for me ... err, it didn't.

Interesting how the company's desire to save on printer toner results in setup sheets which come prefaded. Is that a one or a two...? Hey, it only cost $30,000 to figure that out...

Not a happy camper,

pyotr

-- pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Well, I disagree. Try running a Tosnuc(Toshiba), or Fidia. They are different on every level IMHO. Especially Fidia.

Reply to
Steve Mackay

The Sharnoa Tiger is way different than anything else I've ever used. If I was weaned on that Tiger a Fanuc would be pure hell to learn. I had no problem the other way around.

YMMV.

Reply to
Black Dragon

pyotr filipivich wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Heh.

It's still a human error on some level. Changing the control wouldn't have made the set up sheet more legible at any rate...

Reply to
D Murphy

I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that D Murphy wrote on 18 Feb 2009 03:50:43 GMT in alt.machines.cnc :

Ya reckon?

Computerization merely means we can make a mistake in a fraction of the time, or of more complexity, than we could make it manually. Which leads back to one of my rants, that you still need the skills to know what the machine is supposedly doing, and controls are "generic" at some level: "I know what I want to do, how do I do it on this machine?" Which is different that the poor slob who only knows that you press these buttons in this sequence. (Even if I do have notes listing the sequence of buttons to push. Like to align everything after a power failure. We had that problem a lot with the Sabre, as it died.)