For Sale

Came across following ad in the Sunday July 9th Kansas City [Missouri] Star that may be of interest to the group.

==> I have no information other than just relaying the following information from the newspaper ad, so please contact the sellers direct.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Where do you live George?

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Coffeyville, Kansas -- Home of the Red Ravens (CC team) Unka George (George McDuffee)

There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations; even a democrat like myself must admit this. But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy, for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch," but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

I'm in Lawson Missouri. Home of......nothing.

I'm about 30 miles north east of KC.

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Any pictures and prices you can post?

Reply to
HotRod

PEM makes threaded inserts that get swaged into sheetmetal. A pemserter is a press that takes the tooling to do this. I used to use Pems in small quantities in a machine I built. But I made some simple hand tools and pressed them in a hand arbor press.

Gary H. Lucas

Reply to
Gary H. Lucas

Rivnuts were the first threaded insert for sheetmetal. They were made by BF Goodridge to install de-icing boots on aircraft wings. They come in all sizes and grip lengths with and without a locking notch, countersunk, flat, and the bottom closed for liquid tight applications. They are expensive so unless you need a special application fastener go with something else.

John

Reply to
john

I used to use those too. Mostly in fiberglass.

Gary H. Lucas

Reply to
Gary H. Lucas

We use the kind that press into our plastic molded parts to provide a metal threaded hole. I also have made lots of press tooling to press them in our products, but that was back when I was doing the jig/fixture/prototype thing, now I'm a production dude. Still not sure which I like best, but I guess that's a good thing. Variety is nice.

Reply to
Bryce