Harley Buys M V Augusta

The title says it all:

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

Whatever it takes to make a better sport bike and sell into a market that Harley traditionally has not been very good at.

It would be nice to have a real sport bike engine made in the U.S.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Whatever it takes to make a better sport bike and sell into a market that Harley traditionally has not been very good at.

It would be nice to have a real sport bike engine made in the U.S. =================================

What a cupla ignerint-assed irrelevant statements. Really belongs on the jb blog.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated®©

Whatever it takes to make a better sport bike and sell into a market that Harley traditionally has not been very good at.

It would be nice to have a real sport bike engine made in the U.S.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

From an asshole obsessing about used parts for a 1994 Sierra. goodgawd....

Reply to
Proctologically Violated®©

Whatever it takes to make a better sport bike and sell into a market that Harley traditionally has not been very good at.

It would be nice to have a real sport bike engine made in the U.S.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

What's wrong with old cars and used parts? I need a windshield wiper assembly (housing, linkage, motor, everything) for my 92 Merc Marquis and although I much prefer putting OEM Ford parts on my vehicles (vs aftermarket shit) such an assembly purchased from a dealer would cost more than the car is worth. It's simply a matter of being practical.

Reply to
Black Dragon

Whatever it takes to make a better sport bike and sell into a market that Harley traditionally has not been very good at.

It would be nice to have a real sport bike engine made in the U.S.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

JonBlobber,

Do you mean a real sport bike engine like this:

which was designed and built in the U.S.? As usual, you are without a clue.

Your Pal, ffredd

Reply to
ff

As per usual "Wrong Said Fred" Fichus finds an esoteric exception and pathetically tries to make it into something it's not. In this case that would be a mass-market success or even something that is actually marketed. This isn't even a street bike or one that is available, Fichus.

"The MotoCzysz 07 C1 990 is the latest development of the bike that Czysz hopes will return an American manufacturer to international road racing to compete for a world championship."

Hey Fichus, here's a bike for you... Notice I don't claim it's a mass market success or try and make it out to be something it's not like you most often do:

Good name, Banquer Superior don't you think? Fits. ;>)

Much better than say The Fichus Fungus.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

"What's wrong with old cars and used parts?"

He can't fix them without burning them up like he did when he tried to wire his FADAL..

"I much prefer putting OEM Ford parts on my vehicles (vs aftermarket shit) such an assembly purchased from a dealer would cost more than the car is worth. It's simply a matter of being practical."

Agree. A lot of aftermarket stuff is pure garbage.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Operative words: HIS Fadal.. As in, That which I **own**. You own exactly what, jb? Yer Blog???????????????

re burntid up Fadal: AND, I managed to restore an $8,000 spindle drive for $200. Great company in NJ, should anyone need it. AND, I replaced the burntid out regenerative resistors with heating elements I had hanging around....

AND, as per previous posts, I proly have the most pimped-out fur-coated Fadal around, including a coolant pump that can be switched on with the machine off (my filling station/spray wash), AND a winch for the loading/unloading the unbelievably heavy 4th axis....

YOU have modified..... what?? A 1994 Sierra???? And sheeit, you need remedial help for THAT. And manual contouring.

Yeah, you agree NOW, asshole, after half a dozen people over at rec.autos.tech **explained it to you**, you whiney bleating deranged sycophant. Cliffs HousePainter post.

And you woudn't know an MV Augusta from a self-propelled lawn mower.... or likely, a hot dog cart.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated®©

"Because a bike is leaned side to side to turn, if the crank sits longitudinally in the chassis gyroscopic force is a non issue. This is because you are not changing the direction of the crank axis when changing lean angle. Inertial force of the crank comes into play but only when the crank is changing speed. I=92m not sure if Czysz understands the difference. If he did I do not think he would have even bothered drawing the counter rev. motor.

Here is the point that I know Czyzs does not get. Even a transversely mounted motor is of little effect on motorcycle handling because the gyroscopic precession is contained within the chassis. Imagine a motorcycle engine in a stand that allows it to rotate freely from side to side(at a right angle to crank rotation). If that motor is at 0 or

15,000 rpm it will rotate side to side with the same effort because the test stand resists the torque from precession. A motorcycle is a rolling engine stand that rotates freely from side to side. The gyroscopic precession from the crank is a non-factor in motorcycle turning effort regardless of engine layout. When a motorcycle with a transverse crank that spins forward is changing lean angle to the right the torque generated from precession tries to spin the entire motorcycle around to the right and vice-versa when leaning left. This is a considerable force when a crank is spinning upwards of 15,000rpm. The problem for Czysz is that the rider never feels it because the force is contained within the chassis. The irony is that in the layout just described the precession from the engine pushes the triple clamp in the direction that the bike is being leaned which would assist counter steering therefore if anything reducing steering effort. The effect is so small that it does not matter. The net gain from Czysz=92s counter-revolution engine is ZERO. Here is a simple experiment to demonstrate that crank precession plays no role in steering effort. Sit on a stationary motorcycle and rock it side to side. It does not matter if engine rpm is 0 or 15,000 the effort to lean the stationary bike side to side is unchanged. I did it on my zx10 from idle to 9,000rpm. I can think of no reason why this experiment would not be valid. If you have ridden a motorcycle at a high rate of speed then you know that a motorcycle is harder to turn the faster you go, but the crank is not the reason. If you were to pin the throttle of a stationary bike and let it fall, it would fall to the ground at the same rate regardless of crank orientation. Precession from the crank does not resist lean. The motoczysz bike is designed around a lack of understanding of how a simple gyroscope works. Gyroscopes do not produce some vague resistance that cannot be defined. When a gyroscope is twisted about its axis it generates torque at a 90 degree angle. If you grasp that, you understand that the counter rev engine does not improve handling."

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

The MotoCyzsz is an outstanding example of innovation and engineering. It's being developed by a small but highly skilled team. Such innovation takes time, and they are more interested in getting it right, than hitting the market just to make some sales. In other words, they are taking the long view. Why is it such a big deal to you that it's not for sale yet? It has a good chance of getting to market and be a front runner, if not the class of the field. At least someone is working on it, and that ought to be praised.

Nice looking bike, but really just another stylized Harley. No breakthrough engineering here, just rehashing the past.

I thought you weren't much impressed with Harley engines...

Jon (the other one)

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Which is why many don't use BobCRAP and instead use a much better solution.

What did you say you use?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

"What's wrong with old cars and used parts?"

He can't fix them without burning them up like he did when he tried to wire his FADAL..

"I much prefer putting OEM Ford parts on my vehicles (vs aftermarket shit) such an assembly purchased from a dealer would cost more than the car is worth. It's simply a matter of being practical."

Agree. A lot of aftermarket stuff is pure garbage.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

If it aint a boxer...it aint shit.

Gunner, 1978 r90/6

Reply to
Gunner

Sum of the parts... One of the main goals was a low frontal area. This bike is in fact, about as narrow as a 250cc bike. As for this fellow's ranting about gyroscopic forces, I think it's reactionary torque that is the issue. Not an engineer here, but I've seen riders crack the throttle on a Moto Guzzi and yes, the bike does react. This is at rest, it's not torque from the driveshaft.

But again, as usual, you focus on a single point, missing the fact that there are interlocking issues here. At GP level riding, the differences between contending for a win and playing follow the leader (eliminating the variables of rider skill) can come down to amazingly minor details.

An example of which is the front forks. Unlike telescopic forks even you are likely familiar with, the Czyzs uses linear bearing elements much like machine tool ways. Stiction is all but totally eliminated. A custom shock absorber/spring are located in the headset and can be changed in minutes. All that have ridden the bike talk about how well planted the front end is and how well it responds to minor surface irregularities when heeled over in a turn. Yeah, turns. That IS the essence of GP racing you do know, not the drag race to the corners...

Sum of the parts...

[...]

You "cut and paste" so well Jonnie. Always the "expert" .....after the fact. Why don't you ever explain anything in your own words?

Your Pal, ffredd

Reply to
ff