Harley Buys M V Augusta

As per usual "Wrong Said Fred" Fichus finds an esoteric exception and pathetically tries to make it into something it's not. In this case that would be a mass-market success or even something that is actually marketed. This isn't even a street bike or one that is available, Fichus.

"The MotoCzysz 07 C1 990 is the latest development of the bike that Czysz hopes will return an American manufacturer to international road racing to compete for a world championship."

Hey Fichus, here's a bike for you... Notice I don't claim it's a mass market success or try and make it out to be something it's not like you most often do:

Good name, Banquer Superior don't you think? Fits. ;>)

Much better than say The Fichus Fungus.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

JonBlobber, You mean the "Banquer Inferior"? This is a guy in Florida (hmmm, what's with that?) who built TWO bikes and would like to build a third one if he can find someone to cough up $30,000 for some 1930's technology. It's kinda cute, like a schwinn cruiser, with a Harley engine pried into the frame. Maybe he's a relative of yours?

Your Pal, ffredd

Reply to
ff

Plenty of my own words can be found on my blog.

What the Jon Banquer blog can't help is idiots who can't read or understand the words and more importantly the concepts my words convey.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

As per usual "Wrong Said Fred" Fichus finds an esoteric exception and pathetically tries to make it into something it's not. In this case that would be a mass-market success or even something that is actually marketed. This isn't even a street bike or one that is available, Fichus.

"The MotoCzysz 07 C1 990 is the latest development of the bike that Czysz hopes will return an American manufacturer to international road racing to compete for a world championship."

Hey Fichus, here's a bike for you... Notice I don't claim it's a mass market success or try and make it out to be something it's not like you most often do:

Good name, Banquer Superior don't you think? Fits. ;>)

Much better than say The Fichus Fungus.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

">

Here's a short video of JonBlobber test riding the "new" Banquer Inferior

ff

[...]

Haha, typical bullshit left turn, ignore the issue BEING DISCUSSED while changing the subject. Since you never give anyone else a straight answer, I fail to see why I should give you one.

Jon (the other one)

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Which is why many don't use BobCRAP and instead use a much better solution.

What did you say you use?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

larryrozer

A real Brough will easily fetch that kind of money or more. He would of had more success building close replicas.

That old technology can be fun, I own a 1920's triumph among my bike collection and theres something appealing about that old stuff.

Wayne.....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Maybe that's not what he wanted to do. Why don't you call him and tell him what to do and let us know the response you get.

Nice to finally see you get something right.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

larryrozer

True. I own four vintage offroad bikes. Of course with dirtbikes, vintage means pre-1980, anything with two shocks, air cooled engine and drum brakes.

Fred

Reply to
ff

Nah, I think it's THIS one:

Jon (the other one)

Reply to
Jon Anderson

I've got a Triumph Bonneville that I bought new in 1969.

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

I'm sure I've mentioned it before here. I'm a Bultaco fan though mainly Trials. I do own a Mk9 370 Pursang though if crossers are your thing.

So pre 80, twin shocks, air cooled, AND TWO Stroke is my thing. I think only 3 of my 14 bikes are later than 80. 81 Morini 500, 82 Bultaco Sherpa 340, and 84 Montesa Cota 330. The trend does seem to be no Jap stuff. I've owned it, but found the other more obscure stuff does more for me.

I'm not sure HD buying MV will do any good for either company, Only time will tell.

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

LOL....

Reply to
Jon Anderson

With knobby tires and loud pipes, that qualifies

Fred

Reply to
ff

While the engine isn't BUILT here in the USA(HD had too much on their plate when Erik approached them to design and build a new watercooled Vtwin), the 1125R is a SERIOUSLY competitive sport bike. A Friend of mine, a CCS/ASRA racer, cleaned house a week ago at Road America in several classes against the Ducatis, KTMs, Aprilas, and BMWs. He did this on STREET TIRES(Pirelli Corsa3s).

You'll see 'em racing in the new 2009 AMA Superbike races next year.

I've gotten to ride this bike on two different track this past year. Road America, and Blackhawk farms. It's the EASIEST bike to ride fast I've ever had the pleasure to throw a leg over.

One thing MOST folks don't realize... The VROD engine was originally a Buell project. Destined to be put in to the now XB series of bikes. That is until HD got Porsche involved and they helped make it to heavy, and too expensive to manufacture for a competitive sport bike chassis. There are some benefits from riding, and doing track days with Buell engineers :)

Reply to
Steve Mackay

Jeremy McWilliams sure liked the bike when he was helping them as a development rider. Saying that it was the easiest bike, as far as transitioning(flickable), he's ever ridden.

Reply to
Steve Mackay

As far as I know Ricardo's got involved with that engine later. Can't remember the details but an ex colleague of mine was contracted to go to the US and sort some problems out. Most likely a breathing issue as he was/is one of Ricardo's WAVE s/w experts.

BMW have something around the corner for WSB I'm told.

Wayne.....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon