Interesting lathe fact...

The original Aloris post was invented as a piston type by Tony Sirola. Guess what Sirola spells backwards?

Reply to
vinny

Emordnilap?

Reply to
Cross-Slide

Emordnilap? ==============================

No. "ABBA", deed, peep, etc are is an emordnilap. In general, abccba or abcba.

Reply to
Existential Angst

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

f*ck I still can't get over racecar, WTH you guys talk'n bout? Like Oprah & Harpo? I give, Who TF is Ton S? Would that be AAntony? Ah gumba, & WTF is the Lathe post piston reference?(too lazy to Google it, they are tracking me)

Reply to
cncmillgil

f*ck I still can't get over racecar, WTH you guys talk'n bout? Like Oprah & Harpo? I give, Who TF is Ton S? Would that be AAntony? Ah gumba, & WTF is the Lathe post piston reference?(too lazy to Google it, they are tracking me)

CrossSlide did a cutey, spelled "palindrome" backwerds. But a palindrome is not just reversing the word, it's that when you DO reverse it, it spells the same thing -- yeah, like racecar!!! Think symmetry. Significant in DNA'n'shit, altho I forgot how....

"racecar" is a good one, one of the longer Englich palindromes. I'm sure there are longer ones, but needless to say, the longer the rarer.

I'm sure some asshole molecular biologist or geneticist has named their kid Palindrome.... or ackshooly given them palindromic names.

Reply to
Existential Angst

.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D

I have to protest that word Palindrome is not palindromatic, or even onomatopoeiaetic in nature. It is just not write. I used to know these forward and backwards.

A man a plan a canal panama. Dogma I am God. Madam I'm Adam. Drab as a fool, aloof as a bard.

And for the Bob Dylan Fans.... ( Bob is a palindrome isn't it?)

Cross-Slide

I have to protest that word Palindrome is not palindromatic, or even onomatopoeiaetic in nature. It is just not write. I used to know these forward and backwards. ========================================================

That is an excellent point! Palindrome may still bear fruit, tho: Palin Drone?? heh....

Heh, you heard about her cheat sheet, on her palm?? I wonder if dats how she got thru skool....

A man a plan a canal panama. Dogma I am God. Madam I'm Adam. Drab as a fool, aloof as a bard. ===============================

Great!

I wonder what the longest palindromic (legit) word in Englich is.... Other languages?

Along with the palindromic lettering, you could also look for various geometric symmetries. While ANNA and AMMA and AVA are all palindromes, only AVA and AMMA is geometrically symmetric about the vertical. You could also look for symmetry about the horizontal, or both: HOH would qualify for both.

goodgawd...... I must be fukn bored today! Ackshooly, it's my day off, I got a raving effing toothache that's giving me a migraine, and we're gettin a foot of effing snow here in fuknYonkers.... holy shit..... And while my useless neighbors have 20-30 feet to plow, I got 300.... on a g-d bend, wouldntchaknow.....

My only fun today will be throwing my useless cats in snow drifts.... heeeere shitty kitty.......

Reply to
Existential Angst

Shamelessly stolen and copied here:

Finnish has two entries: =93saippuakivikauppias,=94 which means =93soap stone dealer=94; and =93solutomaattimittaamotulos,=94 which means =93the result from a measurement laboratory for tomatoes.=94

Saippuakauppias, Finnish for "soap vendor", is claimed to be the world's longest palindromic word in everyday use. A meaningful derivative from it is saippuakalasalakauppias (soapfish bootlegger). An even longer effort is saippuakuppinippukauppias (soapdish batch seller).

Koortsmeetsysteemstrook, is probably the longest palindrome in Dutch, and Kuulilennutunneliluuk (trajectory tunnel hatch) is the longest palindrome in Estonian.

Cross-Slide

And while we got this palindrome stuff going on....thought this was pretty clever

Zymrgy

Shamelessly stolen and copied here:

Finnish has two entries: ?saippuakivikauppias,? which means ?soap stone dealer?; and ?solutomaattimittaamotulos,? which means ?the result from a measurement laboratory for tomatoes.?

Saippuakauppias, Finnish for "soap vendor", is claimed to be the world's longest palindromic word in everyday use. A meaningful derivative from it is saippuakalasalakauppias (soapfish bootlegger). An even longer effort is saippuakuppinippukauppias (soapdish batch seller).

Koortsmeetsysteemstrook, is probably the longest palindrome in Dutch, and Kuulilennutunneliluuk (trajectory tunnel hatch) is the longest palindrome in Estonian.

Only on AMC, folks! This thread should win some kind of thread drift award, eh?

Heh, *we* can kick alt.english.usage (mostly Nyawkas/Manhattanites) in their Atlantic Monthly soft asses.....

Reply to
Existential Angst