Mine is 89 inches, what about yours

On Feb 24, 5:33pm, Ignoramus26960 <ignoramus26...@NOSPAM. 26960.invalid> wrote:

Or, cut a slot in the concrete slab under the door... if done carefully, you'll have a pit for auto maintenance when it's no longer needed for mill clearance.

This will work - but in newer homes (~25 - 50 years?) you'll likely find a "Bond Beam" as the footing carries through under the doorway. Keeps the walls from drifting apart over time... . You can take the slab out, but the bond beam is going to be a problem.
Bond Beams are also found when you have support posts for porches and second story cantilevers, they take bond beams out to the footer so it can't move horizontally either
And you need to make the slot oversized, as you'll have to build a concrete block wall inside your lube pit for walls, and then pour a floor. And leave a notch around the perimeter at floor level, so you can fill in the floor with 4X lumber to provide a walk surface.
I'd get the motor or head off the BPort, or figure a way to tilt it on it's back getting through the doorway...
Or take out the garage door and the header, you can install the higher header and the bigger door when you get done.
--<< Bruce >>--

Can the head be swiveled in the verticle pane?

Can't you remove the motor?

    The image of the mill as a whole was rather poor, so I can't tell whether this one has the ability to rotate the head either 90 degrees, or a full 180 degrees, so you can raise the table to support it (with a wood block protecting them from each other). This typically reduces a lot of height, and is how I got my Series-I into the garage.

    The controls were part of the Series-I BOSS-3 so no problem there. If yours are in a separate rack (I believe this was the case) can you unplug everything so they can be moved separately?
    Good Luck,         DoN.

Would love the chance to have a play with the control electronics on one of these - anyone in OZ got a spare one, if I can fix it, will do so no charge as I want to figure it out...
Andrew VK3BFA.

Some dis-assembly required. It was built from pieces so take a few off? Time to start loking for a nish A frame hoist? nah......... Build a new garage around it. Yours is too short anyway. BTW mine is 1600 (mm)
--
BB's #95
Help provided