More Soluble Oil...

I just put 9913 into one of our machines as a test, the first thing I've noticed is it produces a much better surface finish on the 6061.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Hi Ken,

I'm also currently researching high performance cutting fluids for a new VMC due late this month - cutting 90% aluminum 6061. I went to the Castrol website:

and there are many interesting products but none that I could find called Safety 65. The Alusol XT sounds interesting, however it is yellow, not blue. Several fluids have a four digit number starting with

65nn - which one were you describing? TIA.

Cheers, Peter

Reply to
Peter Renolds

Second thing is it actually loosens old crud and rejects oil quite well.

On a related note.....now the cabinet is leaking.....guess I'm gonna hafta buy a tube of sillycone pretty soon.....

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT