OT google advanced search question

This may sound like a dumb question but how do I search this newsgroup in google advanced search for old postings. I tried advanced search
and it can't find anything with just
alt.machines.cnc
or
alt.machines.cnc.com
I know I'm missing a domain or tag or something at the end of the name but couldn't find the information on how to find what the tag is for a given group.
Someone please give me a clue here?

At the top of the google menu click the "more" pulldown, then select groups. Then do the advanced thing if you want.