PING: D. Murphy

Check the thread over on PM: "Twin Spindle Turning" This guy needs your expertise. (And potentially a machine sale too.)

--
Anthony

Thanks.
Been very busy lately and haven't spent much time on line.
If this lousy economy keeps up we'll run out of machines to sell. We are on course to have a record year.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d
in

Yeah, this "recession" is really hurting. I just took delivery of a new HMC last month, and I'll probably get another one next January. I don't know of a single -good- shop in my area that isn't backlogged like crazy.
The only people I know who are out of work, were crappy real estate agents, or low level mortgage guys at one of those big mortgage warehouses.

Know the feeling well, tooo well..... Although production volumes are slow right now, on the Engineering side, we can't get enough done. Having machines available just expands our workload as we are trying to get things done before they crank back up.
Week before last, we ripped most of a machine line apart, reconfigured it, put the new Brother machine and automation system I designed in, converted 2 machines to robot loading, and made room and did all the prep for another machine we are building. Lots of work to do in the allotted 5 days, but we made it....barely....*whew*. Some long hours...
It's not slowing down...8 more conversions in the next two weeks, plus another complete automation system going in. We started that one yesterday with Flexlink track disassembly / reconfiguration / addition / reassembly, start up and turned back over to production. Took 4 of us 9 hours of ass-busting to get it done, and we do a lot of Flexlink work and have all the needed tools, it was just a big job. BTW, XK is way nicer than XH to work with, the rails on XH suck ass.
--
Anthony

Sure will. Before, during, and probably after too.
Are you going?
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d

Yup, first time I've ever gotten to go. I think we fly in Sunday and leave Tuesday evening.
--
Anthony

I will be there as well, I will let you know what booth, as it would be nice to meet you both Daveb
snipped-for-privacy@dslextreme.com (DaveB) wrote in

Let us know.
Anyone else going?
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d

Yes, my son and I will be going, I think we are scheduled for Sunday through Tuesday.
Von

Stop by and say hello if you have the time.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d

You're going to be amazed. Make a plan and knock out the stuff you need to see right away, then spend the rest of the time exploring and learning. The little booths are where the innovations live.
Wear comfortable shoes. Remember there is a forwarding service there, so if you accumulate too much stuff drop it off and have it sent back to you. It beats the heck out of lugging it around all day. If you need a safe place to stash a bag, laptop, jacket, or junk you are welcome to our space.
I don't know my schedule yet so I can't say for sure if we can go get some dinner (we have some mandatory events) but I can probably do lunch most any day. We usually have our own private catered room which is a plus. If you are there during one of the days when we have a hospitality event I'll get you an invite(s). So stop by the booth on Monday. We are in A-8701, front row in the main (South) hall. Depending on which way you come in we'll be right in front of you or way off to your right just past Mori and DMG.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d

Thanks for the Invite on lunch, I'll see about taking you up on that. Just guessing, but the Mazak boys may have us a dinner set up as one of their mandatory events. I'll be traveling with my boss, hope that's ok.
Thanks for the stash ability, I may need that.
I'm excited about going, as I know there is tons of stuff to see. I do a lot of process development (my job is moving more and more in that direction lately it seems), so this should be really interesting.
--
Anthony

Not a problem.

No sweat. I haven't seen the plans for the new booth. I know we opened up one side of it because they added a walkway from another hall at McCormick Place that will dump people right in front of our booth. But I'm sure we'll have some secure storage. We always do.

Start planning here - http://www.imts.com /
Time will fly right by when you are there.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d

Thanks for the info Dan. Maybe someone will have *just* the exact machine I need.....
Ya......right.....
But then again, someone might have one I can *make* into just the machine I need.
--
Anthony