Please help flip a digital switch in a FANUC

Hi, I would like to turn on the OP STOP with a PEEK or a POKE (I didn't remember I remembered those) or a G10 or a.... from within the program. With the down turn in the economy we are at 40 hours starting this past Monday. First time in 19 years it was under 46 madatory in the machine shop. Now the planners can't have the machines running overnight lest we literally run ourselves out of work. So I would like to use the part-cycle times to stop the CNC one and a fraction parts before 3:30. So the machines are idle before we leave (ewww). And I think it would be fun to press the OP STOP from inside the CNC. Just the one M1 in the programs right before the transfer. Ah twin turret dual controls "where is thy M1". Hmmmm. As I type this I see I can leave the op stop on all day and put a Do/ While statement in with an M1 to run after [3:30pm - cycletime] but that isn't nearly the fun of screwing around with something that will probably never work. And that OP STOP light being on all day depleting our natural race horses would bother me.

Reply to
billynevada

Why can't you use a variable to determine a branch point, that will jump to the Op Stop based on the variable? IOW, branch around the stop if the variable is at some value.. You can even read the time of day into the variables, and stop when the appointed hour arrives.

Reply to
Half-nutz

nutz is right, that may be the simplest way to do it. which model Fanuc control is being used? This will determine the variable in which the time info is stored. Then you can use an "IF" "THEN" GOTO" to jump into a macro which invokes the M1

Reply to
paul7

It is an 18iT. It does have the do/while option on. and the #500 variables are there as well.

Reply to
billynevada