Recommendation on cutting brass stock .015

I need to cut brass stock that is .015. I will be cutting them in 2 inch x 2 inch with a tab on it. I not a machinist in anyway. What would be the simplest setup to do this. I need several hundred every so often.

Reply to
Ed Williams

Heavy duty paper cutter

Jocko

Reply to
JockoBailey

Easiest is probably a clicker ( steel rule ) die. If you don't have the equipment there are businesses that specialize in die cutting in most cities.

Or you could buy a small shear and corner notcher. Shear the rectangular blanks and use the corner notcher to remove the material next to the tab.

Or you could sandwich ten or so sheets of brass between plastic or masonite and then CNC the shape.

Will

Reply to
Will

Will I had a ruler die made and use a 20 ton press. But with a ruler die, the blades are like a knife shape. So when I try to cut most of the time the piece is distorted. Because with a ruler die it has to squeeze the 2x2 to fit up in die. Any other suggestion. Thanks Ed

Reply to
Ed Williams

What cnc would be adequate for something this small. And does anyone have one that they would part with reasonable. Thanks Ed

Reply to
Ed Williams

Photo etching? Laser cutting?

Reply to