Self-Centering Vise Stop

Wow. I can't even think of a snappy line here. LOL.
I almost brought home an Emco Maier training lathe once. One of those little CNC deals that the hobby guys are wild about. A customer told me that if I wanted it I could take it. Had I known about your closet I could have UPS'd it out to you. All you'd need is a table top surface grinder and you'd be stylin'...
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d
D Murphy wrote:

Dan:
    I have an Emco Maier Compact 5 lathe like the following. It's not CNC though.
http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/tls/615875785.html
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Ok. Now I'm getting concerned. LOL.
The CNC was about the same size. It was even mounted in an enclosure, kind of like a big bread box.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d

I'm sure some day Bob will come out of the c.... Can't do it. LOL Sounds like some fun after your doen with the time clock.

http://tinyurl.com/5glrzp
http://tinyurl.com/63l2ks
http://tinyurl.com/6na9n9
http://tinyurl.com/5qj5st
Info for next time,
Tom
On Mon, 5 May 2008 19:11:51 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Jon,
You are right quoting you makes you look like a fool......because you are.
Tom
On Mon, 5 May 2008 20:12:07 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

No Jon it's called a forgery something you and your wife share in common.
Tom

Weiler makes nice stuff. AFAIK they still make a fairly high end tool room lathe.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d
x 21 x 85 sadly I can't seem to even source anything in these sizes.

x 21 x 85 sadly I can't seem to even source

Sound even spendier.
--

Dan

CNC Videos - <http://tinyurl.com/yzdt6d
x 21 x 85 sadly I can't seem to even source

If I cant fine them then Ill bore the headstock out X 5mm else breakdown and machine a more robust one from solid.
I which case might well mass produce several thousand along with spindle proper before my retirement...
-------
Funny thing...for so many years I was looking for work...."things to make", you know the drill--buying tools tooling scraping up some work make damned the bills...
Dan I live a fairly simple life mostly drive a beat up '86 blazer, ( the commute is a killer ) love to make soup and cook in general hopefully will be growing a bigger garden this year I bake bread make my own beer and even started growing the hops again this year and so forth...
Hard to explain, in a nutshell not lacking here for "things to make" car parts gun parts parts for model hobby folk job shop whatever make a new tractor pin for a six pak I guess its gotta make a lil bit of money without stiffing somebody else, and has to be fun or at least low stress..

x 21 x 85 sadly I

I did some quick checking and found the same thing. Or the right OD and ID but 16mm thick. Might be easier to make a spacer?

Sounds ideal to me at this point. I'm hoping to get to slow down soon but it doesn't look likely to happen.