Selling prototypes, beta-versions: Liabilities?

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:38:33 -0700, "Bill"

Pennsylvania just passed the Fair Share act.
Remove 333 to reply. Randy
On 9/19/2011 8:10 AM, Randy333 wrote:

I live in PA. That might mean one less antique car or some other toy for a lawyer and really wouldn't stop the way lawyers operate. First thing they do is look to see how many pockets they can empty.
Without getting into a big story I know someone who legally disposed of an old car his daughter used going to college. The title was forged by others and the repaired version of the car was reborn. Sometime later two kids died in a car fire while according to the toxicology report were using alcohol and drugs. The lawyers followed the ownership of the car back and determined how much of his assets could be touched and sued him for that amount on the basis that there were service bulletins that were not followed while he owned the car. His money was noise compared to what they wanted from the auto makers etc but it meant say a new high end sports car for a lawyer.