Siemens NX 6 Implementation of ST

Why won't your company let you near their seats of NX6? You did say they bought it last year, right? If it's sooooo goooood, why are you not using it?

-- Tom

brewertr

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

reading the piece, it is very carefully worded.. thats an issue with these folks..they are addressing *parts here.

synchronous *part.... seems to be doing pretty well as far as I can tell (and Im semi up to speed on that).. those features are much appreciated.. especially as compared to say Inventor for example..

assemblies, esp sycnhronous assemblies has presented a few problems, one of their tutorials shows how putting a cut-out through an *assy works.. but the commands are not avaiable to do that.. on asking, thats one of the issues they are working on., among others.

creating the assemblies in se synch ...(steel frames with equipment mounted).. is a whole lot easier in se synch than in IV..by a very wide margin... also a big deal with me that I am very happy about.

(IV has however extended capabilities, that were too complex for me to learn esp since I dont use them).

There is no large book manual with se synch though...the thin printed one is appreciated for its wonderful efforts at clarity, but does not match much of the current situation... that is sorely missed.. their help files are ...err. semi. shall we say, .. much of these glitches stemming from their mixing of SE plain vanilla, and SE synch.. yu see SE strategy used in a synch tutorial... the two dont always mix.

those imo will have to be fixed before se takes off.

but that serious shortcoming is made up for by a *world class help desk, about a 1 minute wait, and the guys know thier stuff...thts is if you purchased maintenance.

wanting to charge me extra for a wide range of serious and necessary ad-ins that came with InventorPRO runs the tab up seriously however, my guess they will find it necessary to tweek that approach.

(perhaps the idea is 'we have superior software so we can charge more'... if thats it, it would be risky business in a hot economy, and an entirely fatal approach as companies must downsize, cut costs or go bankrupt...

I hope se will review that policy.

****

Meantime I need something I can set my clients up with, with my own macro's etc...*affordable and easy to learn and without surprises, and good help without having to spend a couple of G's per year on a contract.

... and with decent solids capability (TurboCAD V15 mech pro verssion, 900 dollars retail), includes some history free direct solids modeling, and a much simplified (with some limits) assembly capability. . and high resolution, and display lighting and surface treatments TurboCAD is looking good to fill that bill...especially in the type of work I do, fitting stock parts, not machine work.

Added libraries, and capabilities, such as CAM for TC are mostly under

100 dollars. The libraries suppliment the already installed large range of libraries. For tutoring there are a few hundred user groups for TC, you can cut a deal with a local user for affordable tutoring and help. .. altough my limited experience with their help desk has not been dissapointing at all.. Im still very new with the program though.

Phil scott

Reply to
phil scott