Solid Edge Synchronous lessons 18 hours one on one lessons with superb instructor

Summary Some of us mere mortals dont learn much without live instruction... no way are the books adequate, failing even to discuss vital aspects and tiny details of how the interface works/ if you dont have that you hit stone walls at every turn

the instructor drilled that in hard, it made learning unstressful and efficient... not doing the moves then asking me to remember, but having me do the drills, debugging my errors each instant ,, then doing it over until i got the flow and sequence right, he is a patient man,

I have 6 more hours to go,,,

I am able to draw synchronous solids, import them into a synchronous assembly file, assemble them etc...

tomorrow print set up, detailing parts and assemblies, rendering options... I can do the standard historical base also and convert those to synch

I have enough to learn on my own now, The tutorials should work well for me now,,, they were hard slogging before.

SE is at 4 revisions since september,,, another comes out in a month,,, it will have pipe routing program and frames available in sychronous mode,

it has not run away with market as some had supposed it might. but is not proving to be a bad program, its superior in many cases, resistance to change etc seems to be the issue

I would recommend they put some user interface tutorials up also.

After learning much of Inventor by means CD instruction... good but slow as molasses and many stone walls to blow through,, hours for each one. and now SE synch...

SE sych is not that simple,,. but is a lot less arcane than Inventor, with vastly fewer bugs, i found none actually,but I only use it for what you would consider cut and paste type assembly using other peoples parts more or less,,, tolerances and machining not involved.

also it seems Inventor is coming out with its own sychronous type approach,,, not SE's and that SW tried to buy synch from Unigraphics but so far its not for sale.

Phil scott

Reply to
phil scott

This is why I push quality CADCAM video instruction as being so important.

Many people need repetition so that what you learn really sticks.

Glad to hear this. Good job!

Cool. I'm sure

will have video instruction on Solid Edge with ST soon if they don't already.

Bet on seeing sheetmetal soon as well.

It's also bad marketing on Siemens part. Same can be said of SpaceClaim and PTC for CoCreate. See my blog.

Agree, strongly.

Inventor-Fusion is total vaporware and is at least a year away. It doesn't get any worse than dealing with Autodesk... perhaps BobCAD might be the exception. The more time goes by the more SolidWorks becomes like Autodesk. The treatment I get from our Siemens rep in San Diego is all I could ever ask for. Same goes for Adam Carlton in St. Louis.

NX 6 will be available for Apple OS X very shortly.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA jonbanquer.blogspot.com/

Reply to
jon_banquer

the guy that tutored me began with the apple build it yourself kit in

1978.. he knows the business from square one up,,, he began as a machinist at age 17 by age 20 he was developing 3D cad programs from the eariest forms of 2d cad on the market' he showed me some of his work... very nice

I will be working a lot with him in the future

Phil scott

Reply to
phil scott