Tool change macro update

Group,

Thanks to Tim Markoski I have a macro that processes without alarms. The next challenge is cross referencing some M codes. If anyone has a carousel type Taiwanese, Indian or Korean piece of iron with a Fanuc OMA, OMB, OMC, or OMD control would you mind posting or sending me your M codes for the following: If you are not sure set parameter 10 bit 4 to 0 and download your O9000 programs and send me a copy. Then set parameter 10 bit 4 back to 1.

1) Tool pocket searching for the tool number of the tool in the spindle. 2) Tool magazine forward. 3) Tool magazine backward. 4) Tool magazine down. 5) Tool magazine up. 6) Setting the existing tool pocket as the tool number of the tool in the spindle. 7) Unclamp the tool spindle. 8) Clamp the tool spindle. 9) Spindle air blow start. 10) Spindle air blow stop.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Reply to
Bill Roberto

A lot of the m codes can be found by looking at the electrical diagrams if you have them. On many prints they show the m code and the function of the m code.

John

Reply to
John

Bill,

I can give you the number of a company on the west coast and the shop foreman's name as a contact within that company, they have a Korean VMC with OM A or B.

Tom

Bill Roberto wrote:

Reply to
brewertr

The customer doesn't have any documentation at all.

Reply to
Bill Roberto

The other thing you could do is to MDI the M codes one at a time and see what happens. Make sure the coolant nozzles are pointed away from you and stand close to the E stop.

John

Reply to
john

Bill, You poor bastard :>) I'll see about this for you Monday. I know where to get it, the entire thing, but they'll be freaked that I'm asking and might not want to give it up. Tim knows these guys and I'm surprised he didn't think to ask them - or maybe he did and they said no. If that's the case I might have better luck. Hartford has all of this stuff but unless you know Winson your Chinese needs to be fluent or they won't understand a word.

LMAO

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I was doing that and had an "Oh Fuck" moment. M21 made a clicking sound and the machine locked up. Power off restart and still locked up. I had to index the carousel in jog then it unlocked. "Whew" I said. The customer is still running the machine by manually changing tools. He puts a forward slash on all the t#m6 lines and runs the job with block delete and optional stop on. Our weather here is a lot like Houston Texas, he was sweating his ass off.

Reply to
Bill Roberto

Hey John,

What would really help is to find the toolchanger builders they all use. They might have some documentation as well. M codes are builder specific. I would think they might have a library of everything coming out of Taiwan, India, and Korea.

Reply to
Bill Roberto

M21 is normally used for an indexer. If a relay can't "make" the machine will hang until it is reset.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Exactly Bill, I am going to call Winson Wang in China for you. No gaurantees understand but I'll do it. IOW, I know the builder that made the thing - probably. There are three.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

The sample macro had all M80's. I found through some trial and error that M25 and M26 were tool clamp / unclamp. Also M27 brought the carousel forward. I replaced all M80 codes with M20 codes and found out the locking M21 when replacing with M81. Im sure I clicked a relay that could only be reset by indexing the carousel.

Reply to
Bill Roberto

Bill Roberto wrote in news:i4Qwg.8814$vO.6664 @newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Bill,

Doesn't the machine have built in ladder diagrams on the control? You could typ in M06 FM and then hit .

Look for the other M-codes in that section of the ladder.

You may have to search a couple of times to find M06 everywhere it occurs in the ladder.

Reply to
D Murphy

The Fanuc Maintenance manual for the basic controller model should have pinouts for all available m codes--if the wire was brought out of the honda connector to a relay or somesuch then you just need to trace it to it's termination point on the machine side.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Yes it does have a built in ladder and I tried searching M6 it came back with illegal search or something to that effect. I could search N,R,D,Y but for some reason not M.

Reply to
Bill Roberto

Bill,

Only way you can figure it out is go thru the ladder, find the blocks labeled Sub4 (dec) on the right side of that the bottom value is the decoded M function 0311+M03 , 0411=M04 and so in , in turn they are just written to usally an R value (internal bit) for some other logic then finally to a Y value which is the output.

I just spent the weekend doing mods to a O pmc I wrote years ago.

All "M "codes are decoded in this manner and will take just a few minutes to find all of them.

Regards I just opened a recent PMC ( I wrote) for a Fanuc 0 if you need any more info.

Regards

Daveb

Reply to
Anonymous

BTW, on the input to the Sub 4 (decode you will see an address F150.1 (MFO) that is the input to the decode block when a M code is read, it just enables the decode

Good Luck Bill Daveb

Reply to
Anonymous

a dahlih machining center, also Tiwan made, it has a FANUC O-M controller on it too. in the manual it says you can move the tool change arm buy MDI M codes. i dont know if the M codes are dahlih spacific M19 - spindle orientation M81 - atc arm catch tool M82 - atc arm down M83 - atc arm rotate 180 deg M84 - atc arm up M85 - atc arm retract M86 - atc arm catch tool ststus return to start M6 - automatic tool change

this is for a hydralic atc

not sure if this helps,

Bart

Reply to
Bart

What's your fax number? I'll fax you the page with my macro for a Fanuc 0MC on a YCM Supermax Rebel.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy