control systems

hi! i need help for finding documents about control systems.i searched
at google but i didnt find good sites.if you know good
sites,lectures,books,tutorials about control systems ,do you help me
please?
thanks
ESRA SAHIN
Reply to
profesra
Control Systems are a very broad topic. So, all I can do is ask what aspects of control systems do you need information about.
There are many books that may be helpful. You could try this one.
A quick search on Amazon yielded no less that 1323 books that had something to do with control systems although not all of them would be for process control.
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett
do you know any free book about control systems?and do you know any control systems site link-personal or public?
Reply to
profesra
You obviously need very elementary material. If you tell us what you want to do, maybe we can point you in the right direction.
We will also need to know your level of understanding. Are you familiar with the terms transfer function, phase shift, and unity-gain point? Do you understand elementary differential equations?
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Avins
I would suggest that sometimes one has to make an investment of time or money (and sometimes both) to gain the knowledge that one desires. You said you googled for the information. So why didn't the 188,000,000 links returned provide you with some clues as to the location of the information you are needing?
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett
i will do master at Electrical and Electronic Engineering,so i need a lot of documents about this technical science.
Reply to
profesra
"Process control basics" yields this site
You don't necessarily need lots of documents but to study carefully step by step.
Reply to
Lanarcam
i have learned control systems study at university.now,i want to make a good archive about control systems that will help me in master.
thanks for link too...
Reply to
profesra
try searching the mit ocw site for control systems
ocw.mit.edu
Reply to
Michael Eaton
Here are two classic textbooks, with enough references to last you a lifetime and beyond. As to your unsuccessful search, remember: "knowing what to look for is as important as knowing where to look."
B. Kuo, "Digital Control Systems", Holt, Rinehart & Winston, NY 1980 Bryson & Ho, Applied Optimal Control, Ginn & Co., Waltham MA 1969
and for a good measure,
Lee & Marcus, "Foundations of Optimal Control Theory", Wiley, NY 1967
with references & bibliography spanning 36 pages (in small print).
Reply to
bv
I have a question. I took one control system engineering course when i was in university. I have graduated now and i was wondering if i have to know (be good in) C programming ( yeah i took a C course but i wouldn't say i know enough) if i look for a job in the area of control system engnineering. I would also appreciate if u have any suggestion as to how i would gain more knowledge in the area.
By the way i am taking allen bradley plc course now
Thank you
Reply to
micky080
If you know C, it can help on occasion, depending on your job. C# or C.net would do you a bit better. Of course they are a couple generations removed from C.
I would say the best way to gain knowledge in order to get a job in control is to get a job in control. Now, if your name happens to be Yossarian, you are in luck.
More seriously, getting the right education and looking for the right level of job would do it. Taking the AB course right now is a good idea. If you happen to have or get some contacts in the field (remember your classmates) it can help immensely.
Michael
Reply to
Herman Family