ISA to USB

I have a ISA control card driving a lab helicopter. But it is really old. Now my advisor wants to connect it to a new computer without ISA port. So can I select a ISA to USB converter and connect it to the USB port of the new PC? Does that lose the real-time speed? Thanks!

Reply to
workaholic

Whether or not it's possible and whether or not you use the real-time responsiveness depends on the adapter, it's driver software, and probably the OS as well.

Personally I wouldn't trust it. I suspect that you'll have to do more work to kludge everything together than you would have to do to find a decent USB control box.

Can your advisor be talked out of this?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Hi,

My advisor just want to save the money for buying another PCI-based control card for the helicopter. That is the main reason.

thanks a lot for your advice.

have a good day!

Reply to
workaholic