Newbie: How to connect a Siemens PLC to my PC

Hello.
I want to learn to program Siemens S7 by myself, and I want to connect it to my PC (MS Windows 2000).
These are my first steps, and I would be extremely obliged if anybody
could tell me how to connect it: Ethernet, ...
Thank you very much.

Francesco, assuming you have the PLC and have installed STEP7 on your PC, you will need to purchase a "PC-Cable" (part number 6ES7 901-3BF21) to connect to the DB9 MPI port on the front of the CPU.
If you want to connect over Ethernet, you need to tell us what CPU and option modules you have.
Good luck!
Cameron:-)