Surplus outlets that buy equipment... Anybody had experience here?

I was going over inventory recently and found that we had a Panelmate 5000 that was over-ordered for a project.

I've talked to the distributor and they will not take it back.

So, I'm wondering if any of you have used the surplus outlets out there, and who I might contact.

As this is a $6,000 unit (our cost... list is $7300 I think?) I'm looking to get the best price.

Any ideas...

Thanks,

Jake

Reply to
Jake

ebay for one

try PLC.com or mrplc.com or like sites that have buy / sell boards.

Google search for "Panelmate 5000 for sale"

mindspringnews

What you paid for it is irrelevent. The price is what would YOU pay for it if there was not an immediate need.

Reply to
Grinder

It's only worth about $400-$500. You might want to hang onto it or try to sell it to the customer as a spare.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

If that's the going rate on the surplus market, I'll hang onto it. We'll find a use somewhere... it's too nice a unit.

Thanks to all for the info,

Jake

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:

Jake

If all else fails, there's always ebay! Prices for controls on ebay seem to be slanted toward the buyer though..

Reply to
Kevin Spears