Surplus outlets that buy equipment... Anybody had experience here?

I was going over inventory recently and found that we had a Panelmate 5000 that was over-ordered for a project.
I've talked to the distributor and they will not take it back.
So, I'm wondering if any of you have used the surplus outlets out there, and who I might contact.
As this is a $6,000 unit (our cost... list is $7300 I think?) I'm looking to get the best price.
Any ideas...
Thanks,
Jake
ebay for one
try PLC.com or mrplc.com or like sites that have buy / sell boards.
Google search for "Panelmate 5000 for sale"
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=Panelmate+5000+for+sale&bt nG=Search
"Jake" <> wrote in message

and

and
What you paid for it is irrelevent. The price is what would YOU pay for it if there was not an immediate need.
On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 00:05:18 GMT, the renowned "Jake"

It's only worth about $400-$500. You might want to hang onto it or try to sell it to the customer as a spare.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
If that's the going rate on the surplus market, I'll hang onto it. We'll find a use somewhere... it's too nice a unit.
Thanks to all for the info,
Jake

http://www.speff.com
Info for manufacturers:

If all else fails, there's always ebay! Prices for controls on ebay seem to be slanted toward the buyer though..