Wonderware InTouch

We have an existing run-time MMI application (circa 1993) that we need to upgrade to a newer version of Wonderware. Will Wonderware 9.0
convert old run-time files? (We need to reverse engineer the application so it would be a big help if we could start with the old application.)
Also the new application will need to retrieve data from SQL Server 2000 machine - can anyone explain what our options are for getting data in and out of Wonderware to SQL Server 2000? (ActiveX, MDAC, VBA, VB6, VB.Net, DDE, COM, COM+, DCOM and/or anything else we might have missed.)
TIA
Jay Pondy wrote:

I'm pretty sure Wonderware is ODBC compliant, which means you can use a variety of database technologies, including the sql suite of protocols.
If Wonderware does not have an acceptable tool kit, then check out the net by search on google: keywords: wonderware ODBC linux http://www.atinet.com/products/openrda/wonderware_overview.asp