TDC picture builder query

Hello, Yes there are still some people out there working with this mighty engine.
I want to make a generic subpicture to display and allow an operator to
change an array parameter, of form TAG.NN(ii). The tag and index need to be parameters of the subpicture, which will contain a dispay value and a target requesting an updated value and writing it to the associated tag.NN(index). Display is no problem, but I'm getting tangled up in the actor, including errors relating to whether the index being passed in is an integer or a real.
Like many of these things, I suspect I did this a long time ago. If someone has one, an actor script would be much appreciated.

writing
someone
Turned out to be an easy one, but may help if others are aware. &INDEX was being used as a passing parameter in several other scripts within the subpic, and amongst these it was taken as a real. When I added a target that used it as a genuine eidex, it was expecting INT and posted an error. If you're using a passing variable in several scripts, watch out for this one....