VuKit Scada software.

Apologies if this is the wrong group.

Some years ago (perhaps 10 or more) I developed some Scada applications using a software package called VuKit. Essentially it was a way of embedding a graphics widget set into an MFC C++ application.

Now, amazingly, a client needs some mods to a system utilising VuKit. However, many years have gone by and I don't have VuKit installation disks anymore.

Moreover, no googling has come up with any info on this antiquated package.

Anyone on this list eve heard of it? Or what became of it?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards.

Reply to
Control Freq

If you can't find any reference to it on the Web, it sounds like the best solution for both you and your client is to replace their Scada with something that is new, modern and (most importantly) supported on the latest OS platforms..

There are plenty of offerings out there that can be heavily customised to do whatever it was that your VuKit-based thingy was doing - try CitectSCADA

or Wizcon for starters, but stay away from iFIX, its broken ;-)

Citect is good because you can develop a fully-operational package communicating with the control system before you have to fork out any money, so if it doesn't meet your needs all it has cost you is time.

I hope this helps,

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough