Latest threads in ⧑ Industrial Control Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Internet enabled building automation
I work for Tridium, a company that designs and manufactures internet enabled building automation controls and software. The real value of our product is the open software framework, called Niagara,...

A wiki site to organize and share CFP on Control
Hi All, I would like to recommend a new web site, which could help you to organize and share "Calls for Papers" on Control and related fields. Why not have a try? ?conference=electron%20devicesWhat's...

Getting the process tranfer function
For calculating/simulating a control loop one needs a control transfer function. This can be generally found by evaluating mathematically a step response as SIEMENS does, too: uses a semi-analytical...
3
3

inferential measurements AKA soft sensors
Hi, What is peoples experience with inferential measurements? Are they being widely used as a substitute for online analysis? Any suggested guidelines for success or lack of it? TIA

How upload a program to PLC Mitsubishi Fx2n with GOT940
Hi, i littel question: i've a system composed by a PLC Mitsubishi FX2N + a Touch Screen GOT940 connected. The question: i've made a progam with GX Developer for the PLC and a program for the GOT940...
1
1

Used Woodward EGCP-1 engine control for sale
I've got two used EGCP-1 controls. These are no longer made by woodward. Good idea if you are looking for a backup unit, or cheap loading control..... Includes the end user, set builder, and password...
2
2

Autostarting a SCADA on Windows XP Pro
Hi everyone, I am programming a SCADA system using Lookout Direct on a Windows XP Pro PC. Does anyone here know how to make windows startup without the "select user" or login screen? I want the system...
5
5

Design of Positive Position Feedback Compensator(filter)
Design of Positive Position Feedback Compensator(filter) Plant transfer function,P(s) = (-as-b)/(s^2 + 2*zeta*w + w^2) PPF filter transfer function has the form,G(s) = g*wf^2/(s^2 + 2*zetaf*wf + wf^2)...
15
15

design of PPF controller
I have a plant model with 1 zero and 2 poles(call it P(s)).The structure of a PPF compensator is (g*w^2)/(s^2 + 2*zeta*w + w^2).Call it G(s). Since the PPF compensator is in a positive feedback loop...

REQ: Boksenbom NASA paper
Looking for an electronic copy of this report. NASA site does not have it--I get a '404'... "General algebraic method applied to control analysis of complex engine types " Report #980 1950 Boksenbom,...

S7-200 auto detects broken 4-20 mA current loop ?
Hi to all I was told by SIEMENS that the analog input module doesn't have this facility. It needs to be done by the application software. Isn't that strange? They told me the thermocouple modules DO...
4
4

Stepmotor vs brushless DC servo
Hi All, After solving my optimal control problem, I am facing one more problem. I need to control a rotation acceleration using an electric motor. I need to make decision between stepmotor or...
3
3

Stepper Drivers
I've got a client in a bind. He's designed in these parts: but the vendor is out of stock. Does anyone know of replacements I could recommend? The essential specs are that it should take step,...
11
11

Optimal control problem
Hi All, I am working on a mobile robot project, using optimal control. I know how to obtain Euler-Lagrange equations for a system with dynamic equation in the form: dx/dt = f(x,u), where x is the...
4
4

PID control
Is it true that tuning of PID parameters are purely heuristic? Are there no algorithms or formula to get the parameters?
1
1