Autostarting a SCADA on Windows XP Pro

Hi everyone, I am programming a SCADA system using Lookout Direct on a Windows XP Pro PC. Does anyone here know how to make windows startup without the "select user" or login screen? I want the system to start up by itself and just go. As it is, I have to click on my name. After that I have everything in the respective startup folders and it runs by itself. Anyone?

Reply to
2007genewalton

Remove all accounts except one and XP will not ask for a user select

Reply to
Fulliautomatix

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1188354934.494166.155870 @r23g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

A solution has been offered, but I'd suggest that you're asking for trouble. If you want an embedded app, build it on an embedded OS.

Reply to
Scott Seidman

Power Toys for Windows XP is what you're after. It has a utility called "Tweak UI" that allows you to implement an AutoAdminLogon without having to edit the registry directly. Works wonderfully for me on dozens of XP machines.

Ursa Major

Under the Control Panel ... 'User Accounts' there are options about how to logon, I don't know whether monkeying with any of those would help as part of a solution. My guest account is 'turned off', I have only one account in use, I have selected 'use the welcome screen', and my computer boots straight to the desktop.

Reply to
operator jay

WINNER !!!

Thanks.