ATV Plow Plans

Anyone got any plans to make a Snow Plow for an ATV?
Thanks

--
Steve

Are there any in stock at the local dealers? Take your tape measure, scratch paper and measure it up. I've done that with quite a few projects. I'm used to the funny looks I get (I get funny looks anyway) :-)
Steve, Depending on how you value your time, you cannot build one for what they can be purchased for.
Bob
really. So you've built one? If I could afford one, wouldn't you think I'd have one bought already?? My time is free, so that's not an issue. Materials I can get for free or really cheap. And it's the satifaction of building yourself. Have you ever built something?
--
Steve
< snipped-for-privacy@consolidated.net> wrote in message

Why do you want to act like an ass???You came here for peoples advice..then jump them when they give it to you.
Because people are giving me attitude. Nobody has even answered my question at all. If I wanted advice on whether I should build one myself or buy one commercially, then I would have asked that question.
Buy my question was, Anyone got any plans to make a Snow Plow for an ATV? It's not a difficult question to answer. If you have plans, say yes, I have plans and share them, if not, don't respond or respond with , no, but you find them here.
See my point?
--
Steve

"digitalmaster" < snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Stick around Steve. Attitude abounds on the USENET
Anyway, I don't have any plans. What I can offer is this. We bought a Honda 3-wheeler and it came with a plow that was described as <<homemade>>. I can takes some pics for you and post them to my website and give you the URLS if you wish. I will try and include a tape measure for reference to inches and feet.
Hope this helps
That would be awesome, thank you for your effort.
--
Steve
"The Nolalu Barn Owl"

You are quite welcome. I am not going to be able to do it until Friday because we plan to leave for a few days vacation @ 5 AM tomorrow and it is already dark now tonight. I WILL do it -- please be patient :) - Regards Gordie

Hi Steve, Sorry for the delay.
http://my.tbaytel.net/nitesky/plow/index.html
Wow, thanks for the detailed pics. This will definitely help me build my plow!!
--
Steve
"The Nolalu Barn Owl"

You are quite welcome Steve. My father used to say "Why buy if you can make". He would think nothing of whipping out a tape measure and notepad in Sears and then going home to make a copy. More than once he bought something, took possession of it long enough to sketch up some detailed plans and then would return it for a refund.
Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy your project :)
- Regards Gordie

Don't be posting your photos to a non-binary news group.
If there's something you'd like to show, post them on a server and provide the link here.
On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 00:54:22 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@eastlink.ca wrote:

Stop posting pics here.
Steve, Yes, I build things in my shop all the time. However I do value my time and I try to build things that are unique, fun to build, something that I have a specific need for, or for a paying job. I look at common items and estimate what they can be purchased for, vs. the time and material to build. Then I make a "make or buy" decision. We HSM'ers all do that to one extent or another. It just depends where you set the bar. If you have the tools, materials, time, and desire, go for it.
Good luck
Bob
Thanks Bob.
--
Steve
< snipped-for-privacy@consolidated.net> wrote in message

Real men don't need no steenkin plans. If you have the ATV, use a measuring tape on it.
For the blade, get a length of 1/4" wall x 30" diameter pipe, cut a section out of it lengthwise.
For the plow frame, get some square tubing and look at a photo of an ATV plow frame, right here:
http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/HO/servlet/Attachment?attNmbr=BM21404&prodNmbrY53M&tM=HO
In the photo above, the semi-circular part is a 4" slice of 30" diameter x 1/4" wall pipe cut in half and then the two halves welded together.
This should be about all the information you need to get the project done in a home workshop having just a cutting torch, drill press, and a buzz box stick welder. Just add some imagination.