Latest threads in ⏣ Metalworking Craftshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

File coarseness
Hi there I use files quite a bit in my shop. I grab one & feel it's coarseness w/ my thumb & look @ it's shape to decide whether to use it or another. I've never known what I was actually using. I've...

searching for stock
I'm looking for small quantities of brass shapes. Specifically, 1/4". quarter round extrusions. As well as other small sized, up to 1/2" shapes of solid stock. Any leads? Thanks.

Unique Specialty Items
Unique homebuilt aircraft, helicopters, jet engines, electronic security equipment, unusual tools for your workshop, alternative energy equipment, electronic kits & plans. ...for more info visit our...

Finally got the Stuart Victoria something like...
Here she is - needs abit of tweaking before apply steam, but this is 25PSI compression air - whole project is written up at: Steve Victoria running in on 25PSI  compressed air...

can petrobond be fixed?
I've added too much oil to the petrobond that I have. Is there anyway to fix it? Thanks, Q
5
5

Ball DVR with Motion Detection
Chances are by now you have seen other micro DVRs on the market. Although none of them compare to our newest product the BallDVR/ Motion. The latest Ball DVR is roughly the size of a golf ball and can...

Autosketch
Anyone know of a good book on Autosketch?

Lighting and security fence
What kind of mounts are used for putting a security light fixture at the top of a post of a 10-ft "hurricane" fence with barbed wire atop (not razor wire). Is there a standard replacement for the...
9
9

Any good metal finishing news groups or advice?
I have an old steel tire rim that will be sandblasted clean and I need suggestions as to the best finish to protect it long term. It is going in the trunk, boot, of a 77 Mini Cooper S show car, which...

Atlas 6" lathe-What's it worth ?
I have run across a 6" atlas (craftsman) lathe in very good shape with a 3 jaw, 4 jaw, faceplate, toolpost, drill chuck, dead and live centers, and lots of misc bits and cutters. Any idea of a fair...

E-Z Copter
The design of EZ-Copter is very simple, it uses a lightweight frame with seat, and a rotor head mounted to it. Mounted on the rotor head are the two rotor blades and two lightweight motors used to...
2
2

Electromagnetic Vehicle Drive
The Electromagnetic Drive is a system for electrically propelling a bicycle or other vehicle by placing permanent magnets on the rim of the wheel or wheels, and having one or more electromagnets...
2
2

MINI Helicopter
The MINI-1 is a small, low-cost, easy-to-build, single-seat homebuilt helicopter. This little 150-pound helicopter carries maximum payload of 300 pounds; and with its 13-foot rotor, it will take off...
1
1

3-D prototyping printer?
I remember seeing a web page describing a process that deposited (sprayed?) material (plastic?) to build up a CAD design so that in the end you have a 3-D prototype of your design. Basically, a CNC...
15
15

working with thick lead sheet, helpful advice needed
I am in the process of trying to make a 12"x12" leaded box composed of two 1/8" lead sheets, each 12"x48". The problem I'm having is trying to work with the sheets. I already had the dimensions of the...
2
2