110 or 220 for Florocent

Hi I have a machine in USA(110 v) that uses Blacklight-Blue Fluorescent Tubes F6T5/BLB & F10T8/BLB. (6 Watt & 10 Watt)

I want to get a similar machine made for 220 v to be used in Europe & Asia. Will the same tubes work in the new setup? Or some different bulbs will be required.

Thanks, Deepak

Reply to
deepak

On 10 Jul 2004 09:51:55 -0700, deepak put forth the notion that...

All you need is fluorescent ballasts designed to work on 220-240 volts instead of 120. The tubes would be the same.

Reply to
Checkmate

| On 10 Jul 2004 09:51:55 -0700, deepak put forth the notion that... | | |> Hi I have a machine in USA(110 v) that uses Blacklight-Blue |> Fluorescent Tubes F6T5/BLB & F10T8/BLB. (6 Watt & 10 Watt) |> |> I want to get a similar machine made for 220 v to be used in Europe & |> Asia. Will the same tubes work in the new setup? Or some different |> bulbs will be required. |> |> Thanks, |> Deepak | | All you need is fluorescent ballasts designed to work on 220-240 volts | instead of 120. The tubes would be the same.

What about electronic ballasts? I've heard they can be made very wide ranging (100 to 277 volts).

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

They can be designed that way like PC power supplies can be designed for itnernational spec. Most commercially available ballasts are made for one voltage. You're also very very unlikely to find an electronic ballast for the lamps he mentioned.

Reply to
AC/DCdude17

Except F10T8 is not a standard tube size in Europe as far as I know. Smallest T8 here is 18W 2' tube.

There used to be a shorter halophosphate T8 which predates the current range of T8 lamps -- it was something like 15W 1'6", but that's probably not exactly right because I can't recall for sure.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel