Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

controlling the speed of single phase capacitor run induction motor
Can I control the speed of single phase capacitor run induction motor using power mosfet which is driven by sg3524 pwm IC ? thanks
1
1

Where to hook ground?
Hello everybody, I am having some issues with trying to figure out where to connect a ground. Basically, I have a 12V light inside a metal structure, and want to ground out the structure just in case...
4
4

Industrial Power Cable Sizing
I need to size a power cable to connect a large channel inductor furnace to the power supply. The cable length will only be 3 to 4 feet. How can I calculate the needed cable gauge at for up to...
1
1

Interfacing 0809 adc with pc
Can somebody help me interface 0809 ADC with the pc and what language can I use to program for processing the data and how can I drive a fan based on the program.
1
1

Electrical Energy Meter on-line with System Embedded and Web Server
This it is a development of a electrical energy meter in line with real time, using systems embedded GNU, it is similar but articulate IEEE: it is a application industrial of NEC:
2
2

Verizon Internet DSL Filters ?
Hello: Have just received as a gift one of those Sony "recorders" with a HD in it that is supposed to be an equivalent to the TiVo units. Haven't played with it yet. Also, brand new user of Verizon...
2
2

street lights
I noticed that a lot of dark street lights seem to turn on when I walk under them. I'm pretty sure they're not designed to do this. Any ideas why this happens?
4
4

Electric Shock in Apt
I live in a 100 or so year old apartment building. They are doing some major renovation work in the basement. For the last few days I have been getting lots of electric shocks when I touch various...
8
8

4.8A @ 240V vs. 11.6A @ 120V - voltage efficiency
I was looking at a power supply on a big server box the other day and noted just how much power it seems to be wasting (presumably as heat as opposed to some other means like microwave radiation or...
19
19

Energy of an Engine
I'm a computer science and math major, but am doing a project involving escalators (and their engines). In the project, I am making the assumtion that there is a function (call it E(s)) that gives the...
7
7

Oscilloscope
I am comparing two out of phase signals using an oscilloscope. How would I determine the time in seconds that one signal is leading another.
2
2

compact fluorescent help needed
I am a mechanical engineer and am having a little trouble with a project that i am working on. I need a little help. I am wanting to have a light source of multiple full spectrum compact fluorescent...
3
3

Frequency problem:
I've got an op-amp which subjects two seperate signals simultaneously. The unfortunate thing is that both signals have similar frequency bands so a simple band-pass circuit will not suffice in...
3
3

Any of you guys here in Australia, have a 60KVA UPS I need to find a home for
pics here:- on left takes 32 off 80AH 12v batteries, UPS is 99% transformerless AUD$ 12K inspection welcome, suit chalets in rural area or small business not already connected to grid power in rural...

Digital E Field Meter -- who makes it?
Likely it's European, probably German in manufacture. (The guy who was demo-ing it was German, I think.) LCD readout of field strength, and audio clicking (like geiger meter). Attached image will go...