about transmission lines

hi every body! i m an engineering student and want to know about series compensation for transmission lines. i m doing my final year project on it, and want some informations and help in. any one who got some material on it ! plz do let me know! any site or any document ! thnkx

Reply to
Ali

Laurie Opal, a EE and Math grad student at the Univ of Alaska - Fairbanks wrote a thesis on the transmission line between Fairbanks and Anchorage in the 1980's. It is supposed to very good. You might be able to find it by calling the U of A electrical engineering department.

Reply to
electrician

Unless English is not your primary language, your post indicates a great lack of attention to detail and doing your own wor.

GO TO YOUR SCHOOL LIBRARY!! There are textbooks and handbooks covering the subject.

Bill

-- Ferme le Bush

Reply to
Salmon Egg

It is your project and part of that is digging out information for yourself- I assume there is a library at your school with texts detailing the principles (which are quite simple) as well as some of the pros and cons. After that start searching IEEE PAS - There are indexes for each year. You may also want to look at other methods than series compensation such as the various reactive sources/sinks that can be used for line sectionalisation/ compensation.

Don Kelly @shawcross.ca remove the X to answer

Reply to
Don Kelly

What have you done so far?

What type of compensator are you considering?

Do you have an electrical model?

Reply to
Setanta

Start with Richard Farmers book on Series Compensation. Siemens T&D and ABB have various papers and info on their websites. As mentioned before, hundreds of papers in IEEE Power Eng. Society.

The Var Queen of So Cal.........

Reply to
jak