DCS example

hi every body I'm an student of automation and instrumentation engineering, in MSC, in a project for dcs i need a sample dcs diagram of a plant with description and pictures to presenet as a project that acan be done or has done, if any can help me to overcome this, I'll be so pleased, thanks alot, behzad

Reply to
behzad

dont anybody want to help me, is it so difficult or you dont want to help, at least reply to this message,

Reply to
behzad

I understand your frustration, but having nothing to contribute, I didn't respond. Maybe you can enlighten me. What do MSC and dcs mean?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Avins

Here is a PDF of a Milkshake plant - note ot contains much more than the a P&ID

can download a couple of simple P&ID's here, they are DWG Autocad files (9 years old) Milkshake plant P&ID
Chemical Pharma plant P&ID
Both these plants are mythical they were invented for testing some ideas

You could also download ControlDraw - this includes several models of plants.

Francis

Reply to
Francis

Master of Science

Distributed control system

DCS can occur in a single machine...say direct PLC control of heaters via PID loops with setpoint instructions to motor/servo drives

The individual motor/servo drives are relied on to control speed via tacho feedback - thus 'distributed' control

Communications may occur between components of a machine, or between several machines, the important point being that seperate control systems are doing the communicating

As far as diagrams - I too have nothing to contribute...I'd have to make one up...and I would think a Masters student should have more time to do that than I

Reply to
Fulliautomatix

Ah! MSc.

I know the paradigm. There was not enough context to lead me to the acronym. Thanks.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Avins

Use YOUR head

It would be nice if someone else did the work for you -- no?

If you cannot rationalise where and how to find this information -- you shouldn't be doing a MSc in anything apart from in being a lazy bastard

Setanta

Reply to
Setanta