DCS example

hi every body
I'm an student of automation and instrumentation engineering, in MSC,
in a project for dcs i need a sample dcs diagram of a plant with
description and pictures to presenet as a project that acan be done or
has done,
if any can help me to overcome this, I'll be so pleased,
thanks alot,
behzad
Reply to
behzad
dont anybody want to help me, is it so difficult or you dont want to help, at least reply to this message,
Reply to
behzad
I understand your frustration, but having nothing to contribute, I didn't respond. Maybe you can enlighten me. What do MSC and dcs mean?
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Avins
Here is a PDF of a Milkshake plant - note ot contains much more than the a P&ID
can download a couple of simple P&ID's here, they are DWG Autocad files (9 years old) Milkshake plant P&ID
Chemical Pharma plant P&ID
Both these plants are mythical they were invented for testing some ideas
You could also download ControlDraw - this includes several models of plants.
Francis
Reply to
Francis
Master of Science
Distributed control system
DCS can occur in a single machine...say direct PLC control of heaters via PID loops with setpoint instructions to motor/servo drives
The individual motor/servo drives are relied on to control speed via tacho feedback - thus 'distributed' control
Communications may occur between components of a machine, or between several machines, the important point being that seperate control systems are doing the communicating
As far as diagrams - I too have nothing to contribute...I'd have to make one up...and I would think a Masters student should have more time to do that than I
Reply to
Fulliautomatix
Ah! MSc.
I know the paradigm. There was not enough context to lead me to the acronym. Thanks.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry Avins
Use YOUR head
It would be nice if someone else did the work for you -- no?
If you cannot rationalise where and how to find this information -- you shouldn't be doing a MSc in anything apart from in being a lazy bastard
Setanta
Reply to
Setanta