DCS example

hi every body I'm an student of automation and instrumentation engineering, in MSC, in a project for dcs i need a sample dcs diagram of a plant with
description and pictures to presenet as a project that acan be done or has done, if any can help me to overcome this, I'll be so pleased, thanks alot, behzad
behzad wrote:

dont anybody want to help me, is it so difficult or you dont want to help, at least reply to this message,
behzad wrote:

I understand your frustration, but having nothing to contribute, I didn't respond. Maybe you can enlighten me. What do MSC and dcs mean?
Jerry

Jerry Avins wrote:

Master of Science
Distributed control system
DCS can occur in a single machine...say direct PLC control of heaters via PID loops with setpoint instructions to motor/servo drives
The individual motor/servo drives are relied on to control speed via tacho feedback - thus 'distributed' control
Communications may occur between components of a machine, or between several machines, the important point being that seperate control systems are doing the communicating
As far as diagrams - I too have nothing to contribute...I'd have to make one up...and I would think a Masters student should have more time to do that than I
Fulliautomatix wrote:

Ah! MSc.

I know the paradigm. There was not enough context to lead me to the acronym. Thanks.
Jerry

Here is a PDF of a Milkshake plant - note ot contains much more than the a P&ID http://www.controldraw.co.uk/presentations/Milkshake.pdf You can download a couple of simple P&ID's here, they are DWG Autocad files (9 years old) Milkshake plant P&ID http://www.controldraw.co.uk/ForumWorkingGroup/pid/ebfdr001.zip Organic Chemical Pharma plant P&ID http://www.controldraw.co.uk/ForumWorkingGroup/pid/ebfdr002.zip
Both these plants are mythical they were invented for testing some ideas
You could also download ControlDraw - this includes several models of plants. http://www.controldraw.co.uk
Francis

Use YOUR head
It would be nice if someone else did the work for you -- no?
If you cannot rationalise where and how to find this information -- you shouldn't be doing a MSc in anything apart from in being a lazy bastard
Setanta