project help

hi. i'm a third year mechanical engineering student. i want help with my final year project which i want to start from now. can anyone give me any ideas. it should be interesting and related to the current trend in the industry. of course it should be such that an undergraduate mechanical engineering student can deal with

Reply to
rishik

Most engineering student projects are along the lines of: design the next generation space shuttle in 1 semester. Why don't you use your own creativity. Look at some problems or needs in the community around you. Then pick one that is interesting to you, may be feasible for you to accomplish in the allotted time, and meets other criteria established by your instructors. Some ideas for you may be: mass transit, pollution control, development of renewable energy sources, medical devices, robotics, machine tool design, automotive, recycling, "smart structures", landscape and environmental reclamation, food engineering, population distribution, etc. USE YOUR BRAIN!

Reply to
ms

thanks a lot. it was exactly the kind of help i was looking to get a headstart. i mean i dint want a full-fledged project handed over to me, thats not fun.. i just needed the idea of an area can put my thoughts into. thanks a lot again

Reply to
rishik