Amperage pull of a computer?

Yeah, I call it retirement but I still do some consulting over in the valley. I was thinking about buying a sports bar or some sort of fun place in Florida. I have a hard time doing nothing too! Hey, life is short and retiring is a big step that stressed the heck out of me for the few months before and after. Then relaxation sets in along with a whole new lifestyle. I'm loving it! I'm sure you will too.... : )

Reply to
Ross Mac

No harm done ehsjr.....enjoy...Ross

Reply to
Ross Mac

The comment was not about MY ability to do the conversions. They are rudimentary electronics. It was of the OP. Also you can use P=IE or I^2R or whatever permutation you would like, but the OP would still need to know the current. All the OP had, assuming he even knew the power formula was P=?E ......so now, how do you figure the wattage for the resistor? Each device would require a different wattage....even more guess work. An amp clamp is cheap...and the easiest way to approximate the current. The question was obviously not from an engineer or a technician so why would anyone want to send him on such a wild goose chase...... While your resistor is cheap, did you think of the other supporting hardware he might not also have? To do this safely, you would probably want to build it up in a box with an outlet and cord. I think by the time you spent the time and expense with all this, you are back to a cheap amp clamp. Enjoy the Superbowl if you are so inclined...Ross : )

Reply to
Ross Mac

I meant to also mention, he was not JUST measuring his PC, so a guess at 10 amps might not be a good one and if he had the current listed on the devices, he would not need to measure it in the first place...

Reply to
Ross Mac

Especially YOU! I guess your idea of growing up is getting smashed every night.....Time for the 12 step program BongWater!

Reply to
Ross Mac

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 06:47:00 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

That because you are a retard, stuck in a one way world.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 06:47:00 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

There are four machines running here. They all run seti, and they all have other functions which are typically accessed via the LAN they are hooked up to. 3 Years running now 24/7.

DOH!

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 06:47:00 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

And what way is that? I am cutting edge. You are shit. Shit is antiquated. Who is shit? YOU are shit... boy.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 07:16:10 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

You're a goddamned retard.

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 07:38:52 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

That is why one uses a power strip. That way, one can plug any one or more devices into it at one time. DOH!

Reply to
DarkMatter

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 07:40:41 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

When did I ever say I "get smashed every night"?

Again, dipshit... grow the f*ck up.

Reply to
DarkMatter

More expanded troll vocabulary I see.!!

Reply to
Ross Mac

Then you would exceed the 10 amp guess for sure... What the heck are you thinking? or shall I say smoking?

Reply to
Ross Mac

Just reading your posts explains it all ! I like that....DM says "I use, not abuse"...with reference to his dope habit..... Grow up and give up the drug habit !

Reply to
Ross Mac

Perhaps you could use it as a door stop!!

Reply to
Ross Mac

What a braggadocious fool !

Reply to
Ross Mac

When confronted with the facts you retreat, in your typical weasel manner, and post your school yard dribble.... Roll another one there...BluntMatter !

Reply to
Ross Mac

That's all SETI is, DimBulb. ...a high-power, pointless, spin loop. It's the *dumbest* distributed project going.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

Read it again DimBulb. I said *you're* simple, though far less accurate. I was commenting on your sorry ass, not the particular thread.

We understand that you're a poor reader, but please do try to keep up if you're going to accuse others of not reading.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

'cept he aren't.

Reply to